Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOWTO: Run MAME + GMAMEUI latest on your pc. Quick guideWithout further ado – A qiuck

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Run MAME + GMAMEUI latest on your pc. Quick guideWithout further ado – A q

I am very new to linux/ubuntu and find that, after installing mame and gmameui I cannot move anything into the roms folder in mame. It keeps saying "permission denied" Help?

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Run MAME + GMAMEUI latest on your pc. Quick guideWithout further ado – A q

Quote Originally Posted by ramiCZ View Post
    Hi there!

Please, is there an option how to implement or add kaillera client to mame emu? (I own Ubuntu 11:04)
    I´ll be so glad for some responses!

Thanks guys!
    Kaillera is Windows-only; you won't be able to use it on Ubuntu. That said, Kaillera is obsolete anyway - I recommend you take a look at GGPO or Supercade if you want to play your ROMs with others online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Thriven View Post
    I am very new to linux/ubuntu and find that, after installing mame and gmameui I cannot move anything into the roms folder in mame. It keeps saying "permission denied" Help?
    Sounds like the ROMs folder is in a directory that your user account doesn't own - /usr/share, most likely. Try changing the ROM folder path to some place in your home directory.
    There are 10 different kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary numbers
    Those who don't
    Free/open-source game development kit: http://openblox.sourceforge.net

Beans

It seems that gmameui has disappeared in 12.04 "precise".
    Is there any alternative to have a GUI for playing MAME games now?
    I'm using kubuntu, so a KDE front-end would be better, but a GNOME front-end is also acceptable for me.
    Last edited by melendro; April 29th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by melendro View Post
    I'm using kubuntu, so a KDE front-end would be better, but a GNOME front-end is also acceptable for me.
    i have the same question...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by melendro View Post
    Hey, that sucks! Ok, it was not properly maintained, but it still was the best MAME GUI around.

Beans

i found a solution...

http://qmc2.arcadehits.net/wordpress/

i don't know if is better than GMAMEUI, but it works for me...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123