Thread: Netbook remix 10.04 flash preformance

Beans

Netbook remix 10.04 flash preformance

I installed Netbook remix on my dell inspiron mini (Intel Atom with 1gb of ram)

I have noticed that flash video lags (more so video then audio)

Flash games such as farmville (my mom plays it not me) the performance is playable but not very satisfying as it is on windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Netbook remix 10.04 flash preformance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Flash for Linux is greatly inferior to that for Windows, so no matter what you do, it's not going to be the same.

Beans

Which model of Dell Mini do you have, and which video card?

Some of the Minis (10 and 12 I believe) use the Intel GMA500 Poulsbo video card, which requires a special driver. More details here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1229345

I have a Dell Mini 9 (which does not have the GMA 500 graphics) and I have had better luck downloading the video first, then watching it from my hard drive. The Atom with integrated graphics is just too slow for streaming flash on Linux, in my experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by snowpine View Post
    Which model of Dell Mini do you have, and which video card?

Some of the Minis (10 and 12 I believe) use the Intel GMA500 Poulsbo video card, which requires a special driver. More details here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1229345

I have a Dell Mini 9 (which does not have the GMA 500 graphics) and I have had better luck downloading the video first, then watching it from my hard drive. The Atom with integrated graphics is just too slow for streaming flash on Linux, in my experience.
    You could also use FlashVideoReplacer.

Beans

I have a dell mini 10 (not to be confused with 10v) I will check out flash optimization. What is this driver you are recommending it wasn't in restricted drivers when i installed it.

And for checking my video card i have no clue

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyleroy96 View Post
    I have a dell mini 10 (not to be confused with 10v) I will check out flash optimization. What is this driver you are recommending it wasn't in restricted drivers when i installed it.

And for checking my video card i have no clue
    The following terminal command will tell you what kind of video card you have:

Code:
    lspci -nn | grep VGA
    Post the results back here, and I will try my best to help (assuming I know the answer ).