Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Hello to everybody,
    i have one compatibility q
    uestion... will Logitech Performance Mouse MX work on ubuntu (don't want it to work fully - have dual-boot machine) I'm just concerned about that unified receiver to work with (only) mouse...
    thank for reply in advance
    S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

The worst that could happen is that if it does not work, you might need to edit /lib/udev/rules.d/70-hid2hci.rules to change "hiddev*" to "hidraw*" in the Logitech section. They changed that between 9.10 and 10.04, as a fix for someone, which broke it for some of us (I have diNovo Edge keyboard/mousepad).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have 10.04 and it works out of the box. everything works except the thumb button and zoom button. They do nothing and I have not figured out a way to program them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by darkerlink View Post
    I have 10.04 and it works out of the box. everything works except the thumb button and zoom button. They do nothing and I have not figured out a way to program them.
    I just bought the mouse tonight and am experiencing the same. I would love it if someone has the answer.

Thanks.

Jason.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

i just found this review of an app called btnx:

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/126295

i also got the performance mx today and i love it.

it seems that the website http://www.ollisalonen.com/btnx/ is down, but i sucessfully installed it while it in the ubuntu universe repo.

edit: notice that u have to run btnx-config as root user that configuration's can be stored. (they're lay in /etc/btnx/)

Beans

Hello,
    I have a problem with this mouse. More correct problem with USB receiver. Ubuntu don't see this USB receiver. I need to do something with udev?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Figured I'd chime in on this. I have the Performance MX and have tried it on both 10.04 and 10.10. The issue I have with it is that hangs or rather pauses randomly. If you let the mouse rest it seems to go to sleep and will take several seconds to wake the mouse.

The mouse runs fine on OSX and Windows. Pitty too I was thinking of pick up the Logitech K350 keyboard which also uses the same "unifying" receiver.

-GC
    "Nice jail. Looks strong."
    - H. Houdini

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eumel View Post
    i just found this review of an app called btnx:

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/126295

i also got the performance mx today and i love it.

it seems that the website http://www.ollisalonen.com/btnx/ is down, but i sucessfully installed it while it in the ubuntu universe repo.

edit: notice that u have to run btnx-config as root user that configuration's can be stored. (they're lay in /etc/btnx/)
    I just bought the Performance MX as well, and let me just say that out of the box (on 10.04) everything except zoom and the thumb button works. I installed this software and tried to program the zoom button, just to see how it worked. I tried to program it so that the thumb button would be the same as ctrl+shift+s, the key combo for the application switcher in Compiz.

It sort of worked, but it's all sorts of buggy. It acted like it kept holding down ctrl and shift, so that every keyboard character I typed was the same as typing ctrl+shift+[whatever], which made typing impossible. It also affected the mouse in weird ways, like highlighting large blocks of text every time I clicked on text.

I couldn't kill the process in the terminal, as typing a lot of characters was impossible. I was able to uninstall the software because I still had Ubuntu Software Center open as root, and then I rebooted and my computer was back to normal.

I'm guessing this project is pretty much dead, since the site isn't even up, so I don't expect this to be fixed, or any future support. I would look elsewhere to get those buttons programmed. Even if you don't though, it's a great mouse out of the box.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've found that the project moved to launchpad... Perhaps the repos changed and the bugs have been fixed...

https://launchpad.net/btnx/

EDIT:
    Ignore that... didn't find anything on the Launchpad site except for links to the other website that's down....
    Last edited by Xavier_To; October 14th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Beans

There are no files to download in the repo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast