Thread: arreter le bluetooth

Beans

arreter le bluetooth

Bonjour
    avec Ubuntu 10.04 le bluetooth est activé à chaque démarrage. alors je suis obligé de l'eteindre manuellement, chose qui est tres genant.
    Alors je veux savoir quel commande permet d'eteindre le bluetooth pour le lancer au démarrage? ou peut etre qu'il y a une autre methode plus simple??

merci d'avance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Re: arreter le bluetooth

hi there,
    I believe you can do that using a simple GUI tool you can find at ("System > Administration > services" menu in older systems, but it has been moved in new Ubuntu systems to) "System > Administration > Start up applications" menu (Applications au demarrage). Then simply disable the Bluetooth service.
    it is that simple
    Last edited by Neo31; June 4th, 2010 at 03:13 AM.

Beans

Re: arreter le bluetooth

thanks for the reply. but this tip will stop the bluetooth-applet only.
    the bluetooth(hardware) is always on !!!
    any other tip ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Re: arreter le bluetooth

please before going trough this try to verify if the bluetooth service is still running, you can use the command line :
    service | grep tooth
    or
    service

if it is still running try to install a package called bum, you can try installing it using the Software manager (Logitech), synaptics or what ever or this command line : sudo apt-get install bum
    then look for a graphical tool called Boot Up Manager in the menus or try typing it's name in terminal bum or something like that. disable bluetooth, reboot and verify again.

If this doesn't work, I belief you'll have to go to a lower level, command line. I used Fedora for a long time before Ubuntu where the command line to turn off services was : chkconfig bluetooth off
    but this wont work for Ubuntu
    , I searched the Internet for the alternative command and it was (use this on your own risk, I didn't verify any of these commands) :

sudo update-rc.d bluetooth purge

or using sysv-rc-conf (sudo apt-get install sysv-rc-conf)
    sudo sysv-rc-conf bluetooth off

or using sysvconfig (sudo apt-get install sysvconfig)
    sudo sysvconfig bluetooth off

Please write feedback of the solution that worked for you

ps : I am sorry that I can't try and see which is the best and right tip of these since I installed a server I am working on these days in place of my ubuntu and I cannot restore it for now nor have time to try it anywhere else. Use the commands on your own risk, based on this document it says it's the alternative to the command I used on Fedora, if so that is supposed to work a 100%.