Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convenience script project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Convenience script project

Quote Originally Posted by W3ird_N3rd View Post
    I registered a branch and thought I could just copypaste my crappy script to the interwebs but it looks like it's not that easy.

Since my crappy ghetto script is probably not worth spending hours on to figure out bazaar, I'll just pastebin it here.

SAFEDAWG
    HAHA!
    It was awfully hard to figure out how to use Bazaar.
    Once you get it set up, though its REALL easy.
    Code:
    bzr commit
    bzr push lp:branchname
    boom. done.
    Java Guide Media support Flash x64 Grub2 Get Dropbox! My Look! RSync Twitter

"Windows 7 was my idea"- I guess Microsoft enjoys copyright infringement?

Beans

You can also collect good information from Arch Linux forum. For eg
    bashrc and command line
    Last edited by kgas; June 4th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by tom.swartz07 View Post
    HAHA!
    It was awfully hard to figure out how to use Bazaar.
    Once you get it set up, though its REALL easy.
    +1 to that, it took me forever to get it working, but once I had it was actually quite simple.

I've joined your Launchpad team (great work setting it up and everything) and have been meddling with a few of your scripts - if all goes well I'll upload some code soon.

Something really weird just happened and I just had to post it right away: When editing one of your scripts I was using mktemp and it created the file '/tmp/tmp.jshBr0oR9Q' - spookey .

Beans
    Distro

Right; I've uploaded a new 'earthwallpaper' script (sorry about those few merge mistakes) and it seems to work okay, if you accept the merge I've got a few more ideas for the script (maybe 'earthwallpaper' and 'bing_wallpaper' can be merged into one script?).

I also couldn't help noticing that in most of the scripts, the license is bigger than the code

And what's up with the 'banana' function?
    Code:
    $ ./compiz-check --banana
    Last edited by Penguin Guy; June 3rd, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Guy View Post
    Right; I've uploaded a new 'earthwallpaper' script (sorry about those few merge mistakes) and it seems to work okay, if you accept the merge I've got a few more ideas for the script (maybe 'earthwallpaper' and 'bing_wallpaper' can be merged into one script?).
    I had that idea back when I originally started the two, but I never got around to making it so that they both worked into one script!
    No worries about the names, just as long as the whole branch is mirrored and there are no naming conflicts its perfectly fine!
    I also couldn't help noticing that in most of the scripts, the license is bigger than the code
    haha- in some cases, yeah- the bash scripts in particular are relatively short, but they really accomplish tasks that would otherwise be kinda difficult to do manually. Such is the cost of having a GPL license on it..

Try running the code with the banana argument? Its mostly just for giggles, like
    Code:
     apt-get moo

Beans
    Distro

Just wanted to give this thread a bump - see if we can get some more people to join our ever-increasing ranks (so far: me and Tom). Also wanted to point out my Launchpad group which, I was surprised to find, already has 9 members.

Beans
    Distro

Just giving this thread a publicity bump.

The project has made great strides with help from Josh and other users.

I have recently updated the one-off download package on the main page, so if you have recently downloaded the .tar file there, please be aware that those versions are woefully out of date.

Also, its never too late to jump in and help! Even if you cant program that well, we could still use help! Many hands make light work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12