Thread: Proper posting etiquette

Beans

Proper posting etiquette

I have posted two threads here under my username (lanceman63) which have not been replied to. I am just wondering if I didn't include enough info or if there simply isn't an answer to my questions. Did I use the wrong format for answering the question?

Thank you

lanceman63

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Proper posting etiquette

its not uncommon for a thread to remain unreplied to: maybe it just happens that those who view the thread may not know the answer and those who know the answer don't see the thread.

Beans

If it's been a few days just bump your thread.

Beans

Thank you to both of you. I just wanted to make certain I hadn't inadvertently left anything out of my posts.

Lanceman

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by lanceman63 View Post
    I have posted two threads here under my username (lanceman63) which have not been replied to. I am just wondering if I didn't include enough info or if there simply isn't an answer to my questions. Did I use the wrong format for answering the question?
    Apart from absolutely no information on what version of Ubuntu you are running or the exact type of Nvidia card chipset that has the problem, no....

People are not going to beg someone asking for assistance for details like this, but at least you have the sense to ask why there have been no replies to at least one of your posts.

Have you done a forum search for the many other posts on that particular video hardware?
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

I have done a search looking for the same or similar problems and have not found problems with the same graphics card. I have also been to Nvidia's website and searched for a Linux supported driver for my graphics card and there appears to be none although they do support Linux for at least some of their products.

Beans
    Hidden!

Moved to FF&H

Search tip: sometimes putting "search terms site:ubuntuforums.org" into Google or Yahoo's search gives better results than the forum's search facility.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Moved to FF&H

Search tip: sometimes putting "search terms site:ubuntuforums.org" into Google or Yahoo's search gives better results than the forum's search facility.
    I agree. Google is always a better way to search the forums than the actual forum search.
    Ubuntu Geek | Psycho Cats

"Move, and the way will open." - Zen Proverb

Beans

Solved

Thank you everyone.