Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HOW TO: Install Lucid on an iBook g4 1.3 Ghz 12"

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Install Lucid on an iBook g4 1.3 Ghz 12"

hey, that worked like a charm! Thanks mega!

Beans

Thanks sha.goyjo!

I have been running debian and ubuntu on my 17in powerbook g4 for about a year now. Your thread helped me compile my first working kernel! Anyway, I had some issues initially with the 2.6.35 kernel - After booting into the new kernel the Powerbook touchpad was completely borked. So, I went in and disabled all of the ps/2 mouse support options that i could find and now my touchpad is working

Also, i am glad I found this thread because I didn't know about the therm_adt746x - My powerbook is much cooler now

I am currently running lucid on a 17in 1.67ghz powerbook. Kernel version: 2.6.35-pf8

Now if I could only get suspend/hibernate to work - I have never had any luck with suspend on any of the various linux builds (debian Lenny, ubuntu karmic, lucid, etc...) I have run on this machine... It just always wakes to blank screen... nothing...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sha.goyjo,

Thanks for all this.

As of April 2011, is this still good info?

The reason I ask is in getting up-to-date 2.6.34 kernel from kernel.org ( inux-2.6.34.8 ) and the PostFactum patch (2.6.34-pf7) as of now to compile a new kernel, I'm running into problems.

#patch -p1 < ../patch-2.6.34-pf7

is telling me

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

Thanks for any advice,
    K

Beans

Hi Sha.goyjo i send you one hi from México, i decide to turn my ibook into Ubook after seeing your How to, i didnt have any trouble with it, but while i was testing the system i realize that, when i open my windows live email, it doesnt open as normally it do, it open in a mobile version of it and i dont know if i commit a mistake when i was installing the system or it is another issue with ibooks.

And finally thanks for all, this is and will be one of my more read port on this blog.
    If anyone knows whats happen please helpme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

whahaha i miss my ibook with ubuntu
    You may be root, but I am the tree.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have to apologize for not being on here to check on this thread more often. Work, the completion of college, and an incoming wedding have held me off of many social responsibilities.

Regrettably, I no longer have an iBook (it puffed the last of it's magic smoke) so I really can't offer reliable advice any more. I'm going to leave the howto up for legacy purposes, and anybody who wants to post updates can PM me and I'll include them in the header message.

Again, sorry for my absence.
    Systems: MacBook Pro 5,5 | MacBook 3,1 | Compaq ML330 G2 | And misc. other desktop systems
    My Blog (tech, politics, life): http://leftofrightrightofleft.wordpress.com
    Annapolis Computer Help IT Consulting ETC...http://www.lighthousesolutions.info

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456