Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop internet connection should VPN go offline

Beans

Re: Stop internet connection should VPN go offline

In case anyone finds this, you might look at ipcheck:

http://code.google.com/p/ipcheck/sou...wse/ipcheck.sh

I wrote it for a CentOS system but it wouldn't take much to adapt it to Debian and it's children. A friend of mine just convinced me to put it up on Google Code, so I'll probably add more features to it as time goes on since it supports SVN. Feedback is welcome.
    Last edited by rsmith317in; November 30th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Beans

Yeah, I attempted this to the "T" and it just kept me from accessing anything online. I guess I am misunderstanding the "Allow In Both To" and the "Allow Out Both From". Either that or there are some instructions missing. This post is a few years old now, so I am assuming the GUI of the firewall config app has changed, thus shorthand instructions do not work. Can anybody give insight into how to do this with the current version of the firewall config interface?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Moved to Outdated Tutorials & Tips since the OP hasn't logged in for nearly three years and the posting guidelines require that tutorials are supported.

@Derek_Foulk, I suggest starting a new thread in a support area of the forum if you need help. You are more likely to attract attention with a fresh thread than with an old, abandoned tutorial.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12