Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu10.04: trouble with ccsm and cube function

Beans

Ubuntu10.04: trouble with ccsm and cube function

Hi all,

I tried using ccsm to get the cube desktop working on ubuntu 10.04. After reading through many of the forums here on how to get the cube working I still could not find an answer for 10.04. Changed my settings with gconf-editor to disable Nautilus show desktop and a few other recommended setting and nothing worked. Also, for some reason, ccsm did not have the Wallpaper option (its supposed to be under utility), and I think it was necessary for the cube in some way. Does anyone know how to get the cube working on ubuntu 10.04, or can anyone recommend an earlier release of ubuntu that is compatible with compiz? Thanks for any advice you can give, much appreciated.

-eidasadie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu10.04: trouble with ccsm and cube function

Install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra via synaptic package manager or by typing in the following in the terminal:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
    Now open up ccsm and enable "Cube Reflection and Deformation" and "Rotate Cube". You should also find Wallpaper option, but that is not required.
    Sharing Views and Experiences
    Ubuntu Debian Testing 32bit as the only OS on Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L, C2D E6550, On-board Intel GMA 3100 Gfx, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
    Pardon my poor English

Beans

Thanks for the fast reply _khAttAm_,

I have ccsm and fusion plugins. I went into ccsm and changed settings also changed Nautilus back so it doesnt display the desktop, but i still dont have the cube. do i need to use compiz --replace command or something for the settings to change (after i changed the settings and closed ccsm manager nothing changed)?

Beans
    Distro

Try this and let us know what happens:
    Right Click On Desktop>Change Background>Appearance Tab>Select Extra

Now, if that is successful, can you see the woobly effect when you move the windows around (by dragging the Title Bar)?
    Last edited by _khAttAm_; June 7th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Ubuntu Debian Testing 32bit as the only OS on Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L, C2D E6550, On-board Intel GMA 3100 Gfx, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
    Pardon my poor English

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Did you ever use the cube in karmic? You checked out all the keybindings and settings of the cube?
    "Where is the heal-anything blood?"

Beans

I had changed to Extra earlier, and when i went back in just now to check and make sure, the setting had reverted back to normal for some reason. I changed to Extra and made sure that wobbly and all other settings were correct. still no effects for some reason.

Beans

morrcahn,

I have never used Karmic, but i will look into it. All the keybindings should be default since i have just installed ccsm and all the cube settings are per _khAttAm_ 's instructions and other setting adjustments i picked up in other threads.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ah yes. When you upgraded to 10.04 did you keep everything in your home folder?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wait, so is this a completely new system for you?

Beans
    Distro

Check your keybindings of Rotate cube:
    http://yfrog.com/6fselection003jp

Show your screenshot.
    Pardon my poor English

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast