Thread: Gtk::FileChooserDialog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Gtk::FileChooserDialog

I'm writing a program that reads from a file while that file is being written to by another program. All those details are working, my issue is: When I try to select a file while another file in that directory is being modified, the path that my Gtk::FileChooserDialog returns isn't what I clicked on in the first place!

Also, when I click on one file, I can't change my mind and select another file. I must press 'OK' or 'Cancel'

I don't have this issue under normal circumstances (eg, the file isn't being written to)

If I hardcode the filename (and its path) into my program, it opens and reads no problem.

Beans

Re: Gtk::FileChooserDialog

Quote Originally Posted by tbastian View Post
    I'm writing a program that reads from a file while that file is being written to by another program. All those details are working, my issue is: When I try to select a file while another file in that directory is being modified, the path that my Gtk::FileChooserDialog returns isn't what I clicked on in the first place!

Also, when I click on one file, I can't change my mind and select another file. I must press 'OK' or 'Cancel'

I don't have this issue under normal circumstances (eg, the file isn't being written to)

If I hardcode the filename (and its path) into my program, it opens and reads no problem.
    have already posted the problem:
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1493666

and workaround for python is to use the old fileselect-box (for me)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Gtk::FileChooserDialog

Thanks for your help. There isn't a fileselection widget in gtkmm. I submitted a bug report, and hopefully they'll fix it.