Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huawei E1820 + Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Huawei E1820 + Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by gvoima View Post
    I had to make a fresh install due to hard drive failure and noticed, that you have to install usb-modemswitch to get e1820 working on Lucid, that includes 64-bit and 32-bit releases. (nothing else is required)

And I added daily build of the newer network-manager to my repositories, and if anyone wants the extra goodies it gives, I highly recommend it with this modem.
    It gives you the ability to choose the desired network; 3G only, 3G pref., EDGE etc.
    Then it shows the signal strength and the technology used atm.; HSPA, UMTS etc.
    And the main reason I installed it, bluetooth DUN support.
    Hi

could you post a thread about how this was done , think there would be Many users
    interested in this

regards

alexfish
    Two tin cans are better than an iphone

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2067160_ma...hone.html?cr=1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Huawei E1820 + Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by alexfish View Post
    could you post a thread about how this was done, think there would be Many users interested in this
    I hope this helps

Installing newer version of network-manager in Lucid, from daily trunk builds ppa.
    "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." ~Torvalds

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Huawei E1820 + Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Hello all!

I seen ti have the same koind of problem as the original poster. Network Manager mostly just tells me 'No GSM-connection. You are offline' or something. I cant replicate the problem right now, because then I will not be able to reconnect easily (I have been fighting with my computers for a few hours now, and this is the first successfull connect...).

I can connect with network manager but usually several reboots and a constant trying to connect is required. I also do have a Finnish Saunalahti connection, so maybe it is in their end? I did try to read the 'Mobile broadband how-to' but it just was too complicated for a noob like me. Did't really know what commands to execute, and if I just can copy-paste from the guide or not, as that is all I can do with the Linux-skills I have at the moment.

The worst thing is that the modem and the software does not function at all in Win7, and my XP-computer has a cool (possibly the coolest?) casemod, which unfortunately does require it to be hanging on the wall ,while it is running, and I haven't had the time to put it up in our new home :).

If anybody has any ideas what to do next, I'd be very happy, because I would need to do some work from home, which requires an internet connection... What you see here is my desperate cry for help :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123