Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu CE Lucid Repository is ready

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu CE Lucid Repository is ready

Good news, Ubuntu CE Lucid Repository is ready.
    Using this repository, you would be able to configure dansguardian easily, just use the dansguardian-gui and run autoconfigure.

I have added new feature as well on the dansguardian-gui (parental control), now you could block all internet access on certain times. This feature is usefull for example you want your kid to work on computer, but not allowed him to access internet on certain time, just use computer to do homework or project (that do not need to use internet offcourse). There are two time slots, you could block during day time (e.g. 13.00 - 17.00), or night time (e.g. 21.00 - 8.00). You could also block both time

Here is how to use the repositry and install ubuntu-ce:

For 64 bit Systems:
    Code:
    sudo wget http://ubuntuce.com/repos/Ubuntu_CE/apt/sources.list.d/lucid_amd.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntuce.list; sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-ce
    32 bit Systems:
    Code:
    sudo wget http://ubuntuce.com/repos/Ubuntu_CE/apt/sources.list.d/lucid_i386.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntuce.list; sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-ce
    Please help to test and give me feedback.

DK

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu CE Lucid Repository is ready

Hello all, DK has had these repositories up for around 3 weeks now and we have not given him any feedback on this post on them. Please test out the repos and post your install procedures good or bad so that DK can move forward with production on the UCE lucid iso image. My install was a success as explained below.

I have just successfully converted a basic install of lucid to UCE using lucid repository's. All went well without errors but the dansguardian settings seemed to not have started dg but did start tinyproxy. I installed e-sword without issue and a fdew bibles. I ran an update and did a couple reboots. All seems to have went well on my end so as far as im concered the repos are ready for full production.
    Ubuntu Christian Edition chat on irc at server: OFTC/channel: #ubuntuCE
    BootInfoScript DualBooting
    Grub Grub2 MBR/GRUB
    Boot Info Script courtesy of community member meierfra and ghulselmans

Beans

No issues here. I successfully converted Ubuntu 10.04 to UbuntuCE using the UbuntuCE repos. I don't use Dansguardian, so I can't really comment on it. Installed E-Sword without any problems.
    Rev. Jack Howell

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by RevJack View Post
    No issues here. I successfully converted Ubuntu 10.04 to UbuntuCE using the UbuntuCE repos. I don't use Dansguardian, so I can't really comment on it. Installed E-Sword without any problems.
    nice...plus 2 for iso production on Lucid UCE!!!
    Ubuntu Christian Edition chat on irc at server: OFTC/channel: #ubuntuCE
    BootInfoScript DualBooting
    Grub Grub2 MBR/GRUB
    Boot Info Script courtesy of community member meierfra and ghulselmans

Beans

It worked great! I just copy and pasted your 32bit code in a terminal and it did all the work I do think that you should mention that you need to reboot when the name and $ sign appear in the terminal. I am new to linux and am clueless when it comes to alot of this computer stuff. I found that in other topics I need to type sudo reboot in the terminal. I did and everything went well Also, it may be a good idea to teach us less tech savvy folks how to open a terminal. I just thought I offer some constructive criticism as some of us are just learning I thank you very much for the work you did and all the time you put in. Great job

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt-0341 View Post
    I found that in other topics I need to type sudo reboot in the terminal.
    If you are in gui environment, you just need to close the window or type exit. You do not need to reboot every time. Reboot only required if you are in command line only, no GUI.

DK

Beans

Thanks Dave. What is Gui? What is command post?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt-0341 View Post
    Thanks Dave. What is Gui? What is command post?
    GUI means gnome, KDE or other environtment. Sometime we boot on terminal only (command line), then we have to reboot to start in gui.

But in gui, we also could open terminal emulation, which is command line. But to go back to GUI, just close the windows or type exit.

DK

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

When I turn on web filtering it is extremely slow. So slow it is unusable. When I do a netstat it shows firefox connecting directly to port 80. I thought the iptables rules in ubuntu_ce_firewall are supposed to forward port 80 to 8080, but this doesn't seem to be happening

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by scottmuz View Post
    When I turn on web filtering it is extremely slow. So slow it is unusable. When I do a netstat it shows firefox connecting directly to port 80. I thought the iptables rules in ubuntu_ce_firewall are supposed to forward port 80 to 8080, but this doesn't seem to be happening
    What is the output of:

Code:
    sudo iptables -t nat -L | grep 8080
    DK

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast