Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beans
    359

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    Quote Originally Posted by tuxtorch View Post
    I'm surprised no one has heard of the Ultimate Edition Gamers ISO. This is a Ubuntu based system for gamers!

    http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate...dition-gamers/

    "We included 2,7 points of random games for the kicks. Now install and forget."

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    somewhere....
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Exclamation Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    Quote Originally Posted by tuxtorch View Post
    I'm surprised no one has heard of the Ultimate Edition Gamers ISO. This is a Ubuntu based system for gamers!

    http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate...dition-gamers/

    I see.

    Thanks bud I'm gonna see if I can look into these games.
    Last edited by pr0t3g3; May 26th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Beans
    3,779

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    There probably is virtually no difference between any of the distros for game....well, if you've got machine with plenty of RAM. If your RAM short, then a lighter distro could help frame rates.

    BTW, worth a mention-

    Sabayon 5.1 Gaming Edition-

    http://sabayonlinux.org/pages/show/id/97

    Linux-Gamers Live DVD-

    http://live.linux-gamers.net/

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    14
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    Quote Originally Posted by cascade9 View Post
    There probably is virtually no difference between any of the distros for game....well, if you've got machine with plenty of RAM. If your RAM short, then a lighter distro could help frame rates.

    BTW, worth a mention-

    Sabayon 5.1 Gaming Edition-

    http://sabayonlinux.org/pages/show/id/97

    Linux-Gamers Live DVD-

    http://live.linux-gamers.net/
    I forgot all about those!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Beans
    190

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    For me Ubuntu is the best for gaming purely cuz if i run into problems with a game,chances are someone else with ubuntu had the same problem and wrote up a nice guide on how to fix.
    Most popular distro wins because it's most popular lol

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    somewhere....
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Question Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    What are the top 5 most powerful operating systems, and what are the top 10 most popular?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Beans
    1,438

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    Quote Originally Posted by pr0t3g3 View Post
    What are the top 5 most powerful operating systems, and what are the top 10 most popular?
    It's a little off-topic, but have a look here for the operating systems used on the top 500 super computers:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10187248.stm
    Work smart, not hard.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norwich CT
    Beans
    2,120
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhubarb View Post
    It's a little off-topic, but have a look here for the operating systems used on the top 500 super computers:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10187248.stm
    In fact, a new Cray comes loaded with Red Hat.

    Which can also run on a netbook.

    Last edited by oldrocker99; June 6th, 2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: s[elling

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    1

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    I find something about marking anything close to a distro war [solved] hilarious. I'm throwing my vote in with Arch. AUR is fantastic for gaming, especially considering there were proprietary games in there when I was back on it.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Keeping The Peace
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: What is the best linux gaming Distro?

    Quote Originally Posted by hikaricore View Post
    Why do I even click on your threads?..
    Why do you feel the need to post in them... come now, don't be rude

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •