Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Quote Originally Posted by akakingess View Post
    Thank you, it worked perfectly for me, and now I have the correct version and 64-bit version installed!! Thanks for taking the hassle out of probably the only thing that I have found 'annoying' (for lack of a better word), it's because of people like you that more and more will come to love Ubuntu/Linux! Good work and thanks again.
    You are welcome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9389623

Several posts moved out from this thread to its own
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9389623

Several posts moved out from this thread to its own
    Thank you.

Beans
    Distro

Version 1.0.3 of FLASH-AID has been approved by Mozilla and is now available through the Stable Channel. Future versions updates will be available through Firefox add-ons manager.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

This is a good extension, so thanks. However, the update process today required me to reinstall the plugins instead of upgrading them, is this normal? I'm using 32bit.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cchhrriiss121212 View Post
    This is a good extension, so thanks. However, the update process today required me to reinstall the plugins instead of upgrading them, is this normal? I'm using 32bit.
    Yes. It is essentially the same as upgrading, the only difference is that the process used by the extension makes sure that there is no left-overs from previous installations. Lots of users perform several different installation methods while trying to make flash work that can leave traces behind and cause conflicts. So the extension remove the packages to make sure you have only the necessary ones.

Beans
    Distro

Version 1.0.4 of the extension has been released and brings the following changes:

• fixed toolbar button
    • added missing symlink on 32bit installs
    • added visual confirmation before running the install script
    • install script is now non-interactive
    • added option to install flash 32bit 10.1rc7

Automatic updates through Firefox add-ons manager will be offered when Mozilla approves it, which should take about a week. Nevertheless, this version can be downloaded and installed directly from the Stable Channel on the extension site.

Beta Channel users will be offered to upgrade automatically to version 1.0.4rc, which is the final version.

Beans

I finally registered on these forums so I could commend you on your awesome flash extensions. Flash-Aid and FlashVideoReplacer have remedied all my flash woes.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kaonashi View Post
    I finally registered on these forums so I could commend you on your awesome flash extensions. Flash-Aid and FlashVideoReplacer have remedied all my flash woes.
    Thank you for registering here and posting your comment. I really appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yes. It is essentially the same as upgrading, the only difference is that the process used by the extension makes sure that there is no left-overs from previous installations. Lots of users perform several different installation methods while trying to make flash work that can leave traces behind and cause conflicts. So the extension remove the packages to make sure you have only the necessary ones.
    I see what you mean, but it seems redundant to do this twice, as it had already done this process once when I installed and again when the upgrade came out. It doesn't bother me that much, it is just a case of having to hit yes 3 times instead of once.

Unless you think people are going to try different installations after installing this plugin? Which would be unusual of them as it seems to work nicely.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast