Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Beans

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    You are probably using a mirror sever that hasn't been updated with this morning changes. See https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors
    This morning's update installed 10.1.53.64. Thanks.

Beans

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Just wanted to chime in and say that both the stable and beta release installed and functioned flawlessly for me in 64-bit Lucid. It, of course, had to install 32-bit Flash with ndiswrapper because Adobe is a bunch of ... well, everyone knows. Anyways, let's hope Adobe gets their act together (lol here if you want) and gets back on track with a 64-bit version of Flash... For now I'm having to hoard my 10.0.x version of 64-bit so Hulu functionality isn't broken.

Beans

Yes I have already tried to recreate the symlink...
    Although the Zattoo rich client doesn't work, using the online web client within Firefox works perfectly (maybe in this case this is Firefox that verifies the flash version).
    So for the WorldCup it's sufficient.

Thanks for your help and good luck to the Brazil!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Nocia View Post
    Yes I have already tried to recreate the symlink...
    Although the Zattoo rich client doesn't work, using the online web client within Firefox works perfectly (maybe in this case this is Firefox that verifies the flash version).
    So for the WorldCup it's sufficient.

Thanks for your help and good luck to the Brazil!
    Good luck to your team too.

Beans
    Distro

For those having issues when clicking flash controls while using the 32bit plugin running on a 64bit browser, try this:

Code:
    gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
    Add the following line before the last line:

Code:
    export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1
    Save and restart the browser.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Smile Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Thanks, your plug-in worked!
    --Corrytonapple----
    [Toshiba L455-S5008] [Intel Pentium 2.4GHz Procesor]
    [250GB HDD;4GB RAM] [Debian Wheezy 7.0 with GNOME 3][Fedora 16]

Beans

im on 804 32 bit got the update yesterday it killed all 3 of my browsers
    went back to flash 9 sorry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have 64-bit Ubuntu with 64-bit Firefox. I had the flash configuration set up and it was working pretty well, there we're no problems in Youtube and the only problems that I had were on websites that I do not visit very frequently.

I hoped that the Flash Aid plugin would solve these few problems, but it in fact made it worse.

I started the plugin and it informed me that it would install the 32-bit version even though I was running 64-bit. I allowed it do so, and it says that it finished succesfully.

However, now flash barely works anywhere. Youtube, for example, will not play/pause and the other options won't work either

Can you please give me some instruction on how to reverse the effects of the plugin?
    ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO//AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 3.6ghz//Crucial BallistiX 4GB @ 1700mhz//PNY Quadro NVS 290//RAID 0/5
    If you want stuff done right, do it yourself.

Beans

Thanks a lot, lovinglinux.

I had this problems since I installed ubuntu Lucid Linx.

I used your tool, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again. Very useful for people like me, who love linux (as you do ), but who are only final users, not very handy with shell commands.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cj.surrusco View Post
    I have 64-bit Ubuntu with 64-bit Firefox. I had the flash configuration set up and it was working pretty well, there we're no problems in Youtube and the only problems that I had were on websites that I do not visit very frequently.

I hoped that the Flash Aid plugin would solve these few problems, but it in fact made it worse.

I started the plugin and it informed me that it would install the 32-bit version even though I was running 64-bit. I allowed it do so, and it says that it finished succesfully.

However, now flash barely works anywhere. Youtube, for example, will not play/pause and the other options won't work either

Can you please give me some instruction on how to reverse the effects of the plugin?
    The extension installed the 32bit plugin because Adobe is no longer supporting the 64bit and ALL currently available versions have a critical vulnerability. You shouldn't use the 64bit version anymore, at least until the provide a new version. When they do, I will provide it again with FLASH-AID.

Meanwhile, you can fix you problem doing the following:

Code:
    gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
    Add the following line before the last line of the file opened by the previous command:

Code:
    export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1
    Save and restart the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapienso View Post
    Thanks a lot, lovinglinux.

I had this problems since I installed ubuntu Lucid Linx.

I used your tool, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again. Very useful for people like me, who love linux (as you do ), but who are only final users, not very handy with shell commands.
    You are welcome.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast