Thread: Rhythmbox mutes automatically

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Rhythmbox mutes automatically

Overnight I added replaygain to all my flac-ed cds. After a bit of searching I discovered I had to use gconf-editor to let Rhythmbox use it. Now, however, most of my music mutes automatically. It seems as if Rhythmbox applies replaygain to each frame cumulatively. The only album I saw that had a positive replaygain (Winter - Into Darkness) does indeed not mute and gets a slight increase in volume over time. Setting the Rhythmbox volume using gconf-editor didn't help either. Any ideas how to fix this?

Which players do apply replaygain correctly with flac files, preferably with track and album mode options, and are stable?

Currently I've got Aqualung, Audacious, Banshee, Gmerlin, Jajuk, Listen, Totem, mplayer, quod libet, vlc, and xbmc installed, so it would be nice if one of those is okay (I must add that I don't like xbmc, the interface seems to come from the deeper layers of the abyss)

Edit:
    Apparently fixed since 0.12.7
    I must add that I'm not sure whether I could activate the replaygain after compiling and installing 0.12.8 (but did not observe the same phenomenon again, but checked on my wife's computer with Ubuntu 10.04

Until I go to 10.04, which I probably won't do today, what player do you recommend?
    Last edited by God Of Atheism; May 22nd, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
    The program 'apt-get' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
    apt-get install apt
    bash: apt-get: command not found