Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashVideoReplacer: replace flash video player with mplayer plugin (low CPU usage)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: FlashVideoReplacer: replace flash video player with mplayer plugin (low CPU usage

Quote Originally Posted by Cenoforums View Post
    Youtube has various quality options, 480p, 720p. When high quality is selected in the addon menu, which quality am I getting? the highest availabe *p?
    Click the FlashVideoReplacer icon in the status bar and select the quality of the video. To make it simple, I have provided only three options: HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW. When you select the HIGH, the extension will choose the best quality available. The LOW quality will do the inverse.

Quote Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
    The plugin works fine on blip, but I can't get it to do anything whatsoever with Youtube at all. Youtube flash player still starts up and plays.
    It doesn't work on channels. You need to select a single video to play. I'm working working on this for a future version.

If it doesn't work, deselect YouTube in the preferences, wait for the site to reload (it should reload automatically) and select it again. It should reload the video and replace it automatically.

Beans

Re: FlashVideoReplacer: replace flash video player with mplayer plugin (low CPU usage

It's just a standard single video page, not a channel page or any other. Did what you said and it still just reloads the flash player repeatedly, Youtube button turned on or not.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Turns out that my issue was caused by a corrupt Firefox profile. I started a new one and the plugin worked fine right away. Sorry for the complaints.
    Last edited by zerojay; June 21st, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
    EDIT: Turns out that my issue was caused by a corrupt Firefox profile. I started a new one and the plugin worked fine right away. Sorry for the complaints.
    No problem. I'm glad is working now.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I just tried this and it doesn't seem to do anything in youtube. You sure it works with NoScript? I also have flashblock, and 64 bit Adobe Player.
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis3 View Post
    I just tried this and it doesn't seem to do anything in youtube. You sure it works with NoScript? I also have flashblock, and 64 bit Adobe Player.
    It works with NoScript, but I haven't tried with Flashblock. Just in case, disable both and try again.

Also, test these videos:

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    It works with NoScript, but I haven't tried with Flashblock. Just in case, disable both and try again.

Also, test these videos:

Disabling flashblock made it work with youtube. I'm using mozilla-plugin-vlc which works fine except there are no controls of any sort, so i can't go fullscreen (f) which kinda defeats its purpose...
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis3 View Post
    Disabling flashblock made it work with youtube. I'm using mozilla-plugin-vlc which works fine except there are no controls of any sort, so i can't go fullscreen (f) which kinda defeats its purpose...
    Use gecko-mediaplayer or totem. They both have controls and work fine with FlashVideoReplacer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You can also enable Flashblock, but add YouTube to its whitelist, and FlashVideoReplacer will work as intended.

@lovinglinux - I would just like to say that this is one of the best Firefox addons I've used, my cpu usage on average has halved when playing YouTube videos using the gecko-mediaplayer plugin as opposed the to Flash plugin. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by swong; June 25th, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by swong View Post
    You can also enable Flashblock, but add YouTube to its whitelist, and FlashVideoReplacer will work as intended.

@lovinglinux - I would just like to say that this is one of the best Firefox addons I've used, my cpu usage on average has halfed when playing YouTube videos using the gecko-mediaplayer plugin as opposed the to Flash plugin. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you very much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

IS there a Chrome variant as well?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast