Thread: eMusic Download Manager emusicdlm won't start on Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

eMusic Download Manager emusicdlm won't start on Ubuntu 10.04

I can't get the eMusic Download Manager (emusicdlm) to start up in a fresh install on Lucid even though it worked fine in Karmic. It doesn't even give a helpful error message, it just says
    Code:
    $ ./emusicdlm 
    bash: ./emusicdlm: No such file or directory
    Even using the absolute path to the executable just gives the same error.

I checked permissions and they are correct:
    Code:
    $ ll emusicdlm 
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 chris chris 28864 2010-01-20 11:53 emusicdlm
    Are there any other eMusic members who have tried using the download software to get their tracks in Lucid?

Beans

Re: eMusic Download Manager emusicdlm won't start on Ubuntu 10.04

I keep meaning to resuscribe, to see what's new there, but I haven't gotten a round tuit. I wasn't even aware that they had a Linux app. I might give it a try and see if I can get a quick free download to try, just to see if it works.

Update: I downloaded and installed the tarball, and it runs fine for me. It extracted to /home/username/emusicdlm, and changing to that directory and running ./emusicdlm works. It also works by double-clicking on the executable in Nautilus. Are you sure you're in the correct directory? It appears from your post that you're running it from your home directory, not a subdirectory. That might be correct if you extracted it to home, but you might try checking to see if it's in a subdirectory.
    Last edited by sgosnell; May 18th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
    Asus EEE 900 with Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Linux user 497460

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@sgosnell are you using 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04, by chance? I'm using 64-bit. I'm wondering if this has something to do with it, although it did work in 9.10 64-bit.

As for the location of the download, I extracted it to a subdirectory of my home directory, cd'd into that directory, then executed the command above. Also, as I mentioned in the original post, even using the absolute path to the executable won't run it, and gives that error of being not found.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by gotgenes View Post
    @sgosnell are you using 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04, by chance? I'm using 64-bit. I'm wondering if this has something to do with it, although it did work in 9.10 64-bit.
    It was a 64-bit issue. To solve this problem, I installed the ia32-libs package:

Code:
    sudo aptitude install ia32-libs
    Back in business!