Thread: Youtube Video Playing Too Fast...

Beans

Youtube Video Playing Too Fast...

So, I've recently installed Kubuntu 10.04 on my Fujitsu Amilo laptop. Everything is working fine (after some manual intervention). Internet/Wifi is working, sound, video (youtube) all OK.

I then decided to install/compile the latest Kernel (2.6.34). I made no additional changes to the kernel, I just copied my current .config to the new kernel directory and started the full compile from there.

Booting into 2.6.34 initially appears to be OK - everything starts up the same, I still have wifi/internet access. But when I go to Youtube (or any other site with video) the video will play too fast, there is also sound distortion when there is disk access (moving mouse, loading other web pages, etc - all results in interference to the music/audio that is currently playing.)

I've gone back to the ubuntu kernel for now, but it would be nice to be able to use (and make changes) to the most recent kernel as long as this video/sound issue could be resolved. I did the same thing on my PC, but that works OK with the new, compiled 2.6.34 kernel. So the problem must be a sound/graphics driver problem with the laptop.

Anyone had the same problem?

L.

Beans

Re: Youtube Video Playing Too Fast...

Its a pulseaudio problem, I had the same issue. Try messing around with the sound options, in system->preferences->sound

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by erjoalgo View Post
    Its a pulseaudio problem, I had the same issue. Try messing around with the sound options, in system->preferences->sound
    I had the same problem. On the output tab, if I select the HDMI device for sound output, youtube runs too fast. Putting it back to analog output solved it...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by erjoalgo View Post
    I have ubuntu 10.10 and I tried this advice. Didn't know what I was doing just changed the first option I found and it worked. Quickest fix I've ever had lmao! **solved**

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by vonfreeware View Post
    I have ubuntu 10.10 and I tried this advice. Didn't know what I was doing just changed the first option I found and it worked. Quickest fix I've ever had lmao! **solved**
    Thanks for this! Had the same problem, this fixed it immediately.