Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't log in to SM Supermalls Free Wifi

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Unhappy Can't log in to SM Supermalls Free Wifi

Hi, guys. SM now requires you to register and log in before using their wifi. Nakapag-register na ako tsaka naactivate na rin ang account. But every time I try to log in, I just get brought back to the wifi portal. People using other OSs seem to be able to surf fine, so I guess it's just an Ubuntu thing. Bakit kaya? Any settings I can change to fix it?

Wala kaming internet sa bahay, kaya medyo umaasa kami sa wifi ng SM tsaka mga cafes.

Salamat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't log in to SM Supermalls Free Wifi

Ms Kstella, Saang SM ka? I've tried SM Bicutan and Megamall & working fine naman po. Once your notebook got connection they will assign you IP address then open Web Browser SM page portal will be the first load then something please wait thing messages... then Control + T ka for new tab ng Firefox please try to type any site you want to visit.
    anything is possible, make it happen!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by kstella View Post
    Wala kaming internet sa bahay, kaya medyo umaasa kami sa wifi ng SM tsaka mga cafes.
    Nakakaconnect ka sa ibang WiFi networks at sa SM lang hindi? O kahit anong network, hindi ka makaconnect?

Baka lang kasi kailangan pang mag-install ng driver para sa WiFi device mo (tulad sakin).
    I am a Man of Truth. I am a Free Human Person. I am a Peacemaker.
    ** Independent Multimedia Artist in Pasig **

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i have not experience those things when i'm in manila almost every SM ata i can connect using my lappie.... by the way karmic po ba gamit nyo ???? saka ano brand/model ng lappie...?
    " You can't burn me down..... I am fireproof "

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by neehs View Post
    Ms Kstella, Saang SM ka? I've tried SM Bicutan and Megamall & working fine naman po. Once your notebook got connection they will assign you IP address then open Web Browser SM page portal will be the first load then something please wait thing messages... then Control + T ka for new tab ng Firefox please try to type any site you want to visit.
    This was before. Now they require you to register and log in before you can open a new tab and surf. I've registered, but it won't log me in. Sa MOA ito, pero mukhang lahat ng mga Supermalls meron.

@Samhain13 sa SM lang po. In fact, while I was there, I could pick up signals from other routers and was able to use the wifi of one restaurant.

@Ravskie Karmic Ubuntu Netbook Remix on MSI Wind U100.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This was before. Now they require you to register and log in before you can open a new tab and surf. I've registered, but it won't log me in. Sa MOA ito, pero mukhang lahat ng mga Supermalls meron.
    just tried it again, no registration as of now I'm here at SM Bicutan. Can make screen shot of your desktop screen then post it here? the main page when you open your firefox?

by the way I'm on Lucid Lynx 64bit on eMachines D725 notebook.
    anything is possible, make it happen!

Beans

Here in SM Baguio okay naman. NO need for registration.

Beans

same here in SM Fairview.. no need for registration!
    Polytechnic University of the Philippines .... Proud to be Pinoy!..
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hmm, baka sa Mall of Asia lang 'to.

But this is the site that I kept getting when I tried logging in at MOA: http://wifi.smsupermalls.com/
    Last edited by kstella; May 21st, 2010 at 04:10 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hmm, baka sa Mall of Asia lang 'to.

But this is the site that I kept getting when I tried logging in at MOA: http://wifi.smsupermalls.com/

Sir try lang po can you clear all the cookies .... i've experience it here sa malaysia halos lahat ng mall dito may regis ek ek sila one time sa SB i already register but like sayo i cant connect then i try clearing cookies sa browser ko which is FF then that's it I can browse na i dont know ano connection nun pero why not try mo lang din.....(cross finger hehehehehe )
    " You can't burn me down..... I am fireproof "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast