Thread: Problems with Thinkfinger on Ubuntu Licid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Problems with Thinkfinger on Ubuntu Licid

Not sure if this is the right section for this or not, but here's my problem. I'm using an IBM thinkpad T60 with fingerprint reader running Ubuntu 10.04 as an upgrade from 9.10 not a fresh install. The fingerprint reader works fine except that I have to hit enter after I swipe my finger, this is true from the GUI, screensaver, or the terminal. I was reading the issue is related with the changes made to xorg in this version of Ubuntu. I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this issue so that the fingerprint reader works without hitting enter or of an alternative finger printer software for Ubuntu that does not have this issue. If their is an another software can someone provides steps on setting it up on Lucid.

Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Problems with Thinkfinger on Ubuntu Licid

Actually if there is problem with the software and other software can run nicely then you can change it and enjoy the security but at the same time if you don't like that then you can change the settings of that software for automatic detection.

Beans

Re: Problems with Thinkfinger on Ubuntu Licid

Quote Originally Posted by bjo101 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section for this or not, but here's my problem. I'm using an IBM thinkpad T60 with fingerprint reader running Ubuntu 10.04 as an upgrade from 9.10 not a fresh install. The fingerprint reader works fine except that I have to hit enter after I swipe my finger, this is true from the GUI, screensaver, or the terminal. I was reading the issue is related with the changes made to xorg in this version of Ubuntu. I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this issue so that the fingerprint reader works without hitting enter

Thanks in advance
    I had the same problem but found a workaround at

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Instal...erprint_Reader

and now it seems to be working ok.

--
    Rene