Thread: Screen brightness control not working properly

Beans

Screen brightness control not working properly

I just installed 10.04 netbook edition on my netbook, an Asus EeePC. The brightness controls do not work properly when running Ubuntu, although they do when running Windows. To try to describe what's happening: Say there are 10 brightness settings with brightness of 1 - 10. In Ubuntu, 7 is the brightest it can get. Setting 8 goes back to brightness 4 or so. Sorry if that makes no sense. I'll try to explain it another way if it doesn't.
    The basic idea is that I cannot get the screen to full brightness. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is this a bug in the operating system, or something to do with my computer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Screen brightness control not working properly

This is a known bug. If you hade searched the forum you would have found a workaround which should work on also your computer. Here it is: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1468734

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I run 10.04 on my eee pc 900 and the brightness Fn keys worked OOB. I have a Sony Vaio where they don't and the workaround linked to above didn't help on that laptop.

Beans

Hello all,

I have a similar problem, but in my case the brightness controls were working properly, until they stopped working after a restart. Running Ubuntu 10.04 on Lenovo S12.