Thread: Nvidia Ion File Copy Problem

Beans

Question Nvidia Ion File Copy Problem

I have a Zotac N330 Nvidia Ion system that originally ran Ubuntu 9.10. I noticed when I tried to copy large files (eg. TV season folder with 20 something files, around 8gb total) from the local hard drive to a USB external hard drive, the copy progress would just stop at random places. Nautilus went into zombie mode, would not end the process and the system would need to be rebooted manually.

From here I installed Ubuntu 9.10 onto several machines with CPUs like AthlonX2, P4, Core2Quad, etc. Got the same folder from the server onto the local hard drive, plugged in the same USB external hard drive and copied the large folder to the external just fine in all other systems.

I've since upgraded the Ion and all other systems to Ubuntu 9.10 and the same anomaly occurs with the Ion.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If you have an Ion running Ubuntu, a large file and external hard drive, could you please try a copy and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks all!

EDIT:
    I have successfully copied 1GB groups of files at a single time to the external and that works, but it's annoying, much rather copy and paste a single folder
    Last edited by navic; May 12th, 2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: further research