Thread: what if

Beans

what if

it would appear that at least one member of the staff needs a course in remedial reading comprehension. A question does not necessarily constitute
    an issue. However improperly handled a question can become a rift that grows to a gulf that grows to a fault line. Soon the community that supports the thing in question is gone. In this case it will engender the
    return to the perception of Linux that is held by the Majority. It is
    a niche operating system only used by elitist geeks.

There was a time on this forum when I looked forward to the input of the forum staff. It was always informative and helpful. The staff were people
    with experience and often made suggestions that were simple and often overlooked. KISS.

Now it has become a situation where 50% of at least some staff members posts are to close discussions.

I have moderated several boards more contentious than this one. Dealing with subjects far more controversial and heated. If this situation continues, if every time a staff person gets her panties in a bunch, PMS's, dont get laid, when he gets blue balls, his other has a headache,
    or what ever the ailment is. threads get closed discussions ended, soon there will be no community.

An example, when I first started using Ubuntu back at 6.04 I could post a question and get an answer within minutes at times. I have had a question posted about manually configuring a certain video card since 8.10. with no answer. It would seem that this Magick spell is reserved for the elite. And people wonder why there is such an adversion to CLI.

I had several sites bookmarked that had often used commands listed. They are all gone.

I for see in the near future the only answer that will be available on this site is RTFM

the only outcome of this communication i see is is a sanction against myself possibly a banning. That is ok I have been thrown out of better places for less and worse places for more.

Good Day
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

In service to the Dream

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: what if

There was a time where a single person could read all the posts from all the threads each day and give advice to a majority of them. Not any more.

I am not sure I see what you are talking about. Any link ?
    You may have been posting out of sadness, which I can understand, but that is life on a high traffic and always growing forum.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Re: what if

I gather you are referring to this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1480183.

It does not matter if you posted here upset or in anger your language is inappropriate and rude.

From the Forum Code of Conduct...

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
    Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently.

You can try again to address this issue in a mature an civil manner but until then no further action will be done except to address the the manner in which you made the above post.
    This account is not active.