Thread: Wireless Atheros

Beans

Wireless Atheros

I have wireless using the Atheros chipset. I have Madwifi but each time we have an update which involves a new kernel it ceases to work, and I have to go through the palava of finding the method again on the forums and re-installing the Madwifi. Is there a 'permanent' method for doing this or some automated install method, or maybe some other drivers. I did try Ubuntu Netbook Remix which worked the wireless out of the box, but was unsuitable for other reasons.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Wireless Atheros

Quote Originally Posted by frankiethepill View Post
    I have wireless using the Atheros chipset. I have Madwifi but each time we have an update which involves a new kernel it ceases to work, and I have to go through the palava of finding the method again on the forums and re-installing the Madwifi. Is there a 'permanent' method for doing this or some automated install method, or maybe some other drivers. I did try Ubuntu Netbook Remix which worked the wireless out of the box, but was unsuitable for other reasons.
    To be honest I have not found a way to make it stick preeminently. I wrote a guide about compiling madwifi drivers awhile back. Iran into the same issue, every time there was a kernel upgrade I had to recompile. I guess if you wanted to you can make a script to redo what you did the first time so you don't have to keep finding the steps to go it again