Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wacom Graphire I serial and Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Graphire I serial and Lucid

I don't know how to set the git branch date to a specific time. I think I've read something about setting a specific commit as a cutoff.

I think your OK with your 0.10.6 source tar. Just because the patch date is a few days later doesn't mean they used the git from that date does it?

Edit: Cool! You found it.

Beans

Hi Favux,
    my Wacom Intuos is working!
    Main "error" was that I thought that driver is updated when I write: sudo make install.

cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input
    $ ls -l wacom_drv.so
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 84288 2010-04-22 22:59 wacom_drv.so
    /git2010-05-11/xf86-input-wacom-aa95e13/src/.libs$ sudo cp wacom_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/
    $ cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input
    $ ls -l wacom_drv.so
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 452474 2010-11-02 23:05 wacom_drv.so
    $ sudo chmod 644 wacom_drv.so

Note to compile files from git: command $ aclocal && automake && autoconf
    need files config.guess, config.sub, install-sh, ltmain.sh, missing, depcomp, config.h.in .
    I used copy of this files from archive xf86-input-wacom-0.10.6.tar.bz2 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxwacom/files/ .

Last questions: In old linuxwacom-0.8.8-10/prebuilt/64 was programs xidump and mainly wacomcpl-exec for setting up tablets parameters.
    In git version git2010-05-11/xf86-input-wacom-aa95e13/tools is only program xsetwacom. So wacomcpl is not available?

I see in your script good commands for set 2 buttons (Button2 and Button3) on stylus:
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button2 "3" # right mouse click
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key ctrl v" #or other combinations: "key alt u"

How to set double click to Button3?
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "dblclick 1" #still do Alt-U or do nothing new at all

$ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key backspace" #still do Alt-U
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "2" #still do Alt-U
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key tab" #still do Alt-U

$ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key Next" #PageDown
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key Prior" #PageUp
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key shift" #may be good in GIMP...
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key ctrl" #may be good in GIMP...
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Button3 "key ctrl shift" #may be good in GIMP...$ xsetwacom $ xsetwacom set stylus Mode "Relative" #as mouse
    $ xsetwacom set stylus Mode "Absolute" #as tablet

Thanks for help!

Beans
    Distro

Outstanding work!!!

Main "error" was that I thought that driver is updated when I write: sudo make install.
    It's suppose to. So for some reason the Make file isn't updating the wacom_drv.so. Interesting. I wonder if that's due to the patch. So you need to use the copy command:
    Code:
    sudo cp /xf86-input-wacom-aa95e13/src/.libs/wacom_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so
    Nice find.

Right the Xorg dev. Peter dropped wacomcpl, wacdump, and xidump from xf86-input-wacom. He feels those are user land programs and don't belong ina driver. I gather it was a bit of a struggle to convince him to include xsetwacom, which he had to rewrite. So that's part of the problem, xsetwacom only really matured for xf86-input-wacom with 0.10.8.

I don't believe you could ever put a double click on a stylus button. Basically for a scroll or something like that you want to use Tom Jaeger's EasyStroke program.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quick question - would using a serial to usb adaptor make any difference? I'm considering just upgrading to a new tablet (with presumably better compatibility). But an adaptor worth a couple dollars would be better than spending the 400 or so for a brand new tablet.

Beans
    Distro

Hi turquoiserabbit,

I'm not sure. What I've seen with the USB adaptors is the device node changes from:
    Code:
    /dev/ttyS0
    to
    Code:
    /dev/ttyUSB
    I assume there's some udev rule doing that, so I'm not positive it applies to all adaptors.

Beans

Hello all,
    I know this is an old thread, but after following the methods listed here I've hit a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by royleith View Post
    (II) LoadModule: "wacom"
    (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so
    dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so: undefined symbol: gWacomSerialDevice
    (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so
    (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
    I get stuck here. Following TheW4rden, I used autoreconf and I get this:
    configure.ac:25: warning: AC_INIT: not a literal: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xorg
    configure.ac:25: warning: AC_INIT: not a literal: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xorg
    src/Makefile.am:28: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
    src/Makefile.am:28: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
    src/Makefile.am:28: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
    src/Makefile.am:28: If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.ac', make sure
    src/Makefile.am:28: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
    autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
    My tablet's been down for a while and I'd love to get this thing running again. Any ideas?

Thank you,
    -Joshua

EDIT: Got it. I didn't have libtool installed. I still got the AC_INIT warnings, but it all worked. Yay!
    Last edited by sticmann; January 8th, 2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: solved

Beans
    Distro

Hi sticmann,

Wow, great! Sorry I took so long to respond but I'm happy you figured it out on your own. Good job.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456