Thread: Sleep / Hibernation problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sleep / Hibernation problem

I have an HP Pavilion dv6653cl laptop and installed wubi (Ubuntu hosted on Windows) not too long ago. Well, yesterday was my moms birthday so I set up a playlist and streaming radio for her surprise party via Ubuntu. All went well until the laptop went to sleep. The LEDs were flashing just like in sleep mode but I couldn't recover. So, I took out the battery and put it back in. It still wouldn't work. I decided to leave the battery out for a while, left it out for about an hour, and after that it worked. Well now, every time I boot into Ubuntu: the screen begins to flash at the login screen and the LEDs flash as if it's in sleep and then it just shuts off and I have to leave the battery out just like before. How do I fix this? All help is appreciated, thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Sleep / Hibernation problem

Seriously, no one here knows? I'm going to hate Ubuntu forever if I can't find a solution, or at least why it happens... I really don't want to delete my Ubuntu installation either. I like everything else about it... it was working smoothly until it went to sleep for the first time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I disabled the C4 sleep state via BIOS because last night; my mouse became slow and the wifi disabled. I turned off the laptop and attempted to start it back up: nothing. Well great, but I'm still afraid to boot into Ubuntu because I'm not sure if this fixed it. I'm also going to update my BIOS (if it needs to be).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well, nobody on here is helping me yet so I decided to take the scientific route. I booted Ubuntu and it worked just fine. Except for the fact that my WiFi was disabled (with the switch set to on). It works perfectly in Windows 7. This is obviously an issue with Ubuntu communicating with the BIOS, especially concerning suspend mode. I think this needs to be brought to the attention of the developers out there. Hopefully my experience will help someone else. - Peace.