Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New software for Linux RAW photo workflow, Darktable

Beans

Re: New software for Linux RAW photo workflow, Darktable

Quote Originally Posted by expired_fox View Post
    It's impossible in general right now. The selective tools are not ready yet.
    Thank you for your answer. Is there any chance that it will be available in reasonable time?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VaclavC View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Is there any chance that it will be available in reasonable time?
    Don't know.
    The DT core is ready to support layers and thus we need selection tools (Henrik Andersson is making the curve selection now).
    We also need some sort of brush selection — I thought about making it myself, but now stuck with the shadow recovery plugin and don't have enough time even for that, my job takes a time too.

And I don't know is there any mockup for layered workflow. The current interface is not ready yet for this task. And it will take quite a long time anyway to implement it.

I'm sure selection tools will be released in a year, not sure if this time is reasonable

May be user prokoudine knows more about this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Double clicking on a thumbnail doesn't always take me into darktable mode to process that image.

Likewise if i'm in darktable mode and I click on the film strip along the bottom, it doesn't always change the image. Instead I have to press the space bar

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VaclavC View Post
    expired_fox pretty much covered it. What Henrik is working on is editing of masks so that you can secure parts of an image from applying some filter.

I don't think anybody knows when complete localized editing will be available. We already have spot removal, so things are doable. It's just with darktable you never know: people come out of blue with just any kind of pathes.

@c-m

Are you by any chance on 10.04? I certainly heard reports on similar misbehaviour from 10.04 users.
    Libre Graphics World — news and articles on free design and photography software

Beans
    Distro

No i'm version darktable 0.9.2+218~gfe1fb6f

Its the latest version in my repository
    Last edited by c-m; November 25th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by c-m View Post
    No i'm version darktable 0.9.2+218~gfe1fb6f

Its the latest version in my repository
    I meant Ubuntu 10.04
    Libre Graphics World — news and articles on free design and photography software

Beans
    Distro

Sorry, no 11.10

Beans

Started using DT more lately. It's much more stable for me and I've been able to produce a few photo sets through it.

Thank you devs! Trying to see how far I can take this photography venture using these tools.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213