Thread: Evansville?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Evansville?

is there a branch of this group in Evansville area?

I have been using Ubuntu or mint starting with 6.06 LTS I now have three machines at home doing wonderful things. I have introduced several people to the world of open source software. I just wish more would start drinking the cool-aid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Evansville?

Generally speaking, the Indiana Ubuntu LoCo is a mostly online group (although we do try to get together occasionally), so while we are based in Indiana, we don't really separate into different parts of the state.

You might find a Linux Users Group (LUG) in your area, however. While those aren't Ubuntu only, you could still get a lot out of them. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the various LUGs in Indiana (outside of the Central Indiana Linux User's Group, of which I am a member, but since it meets in Indianapolis, I don't recommend that one for you).
    ----
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Linux user # 384496
    Ubuntu user # 15390

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Don't know anything about this group, but they appear to possibly be active.

http://www.linux.org/groups/usa/1426_University_of_Southern_Indiana_LUG__USILUG_.h tml

http://linux.usi.edu

shoot an email at them and see what's up.
    Last edited by Arwen17evenstar; June 22nd, 2010 at 04:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

So any word on this?? I've googled it and haven't found anything promising. I did check out the U.S.I. LUG web page and it doesn't look like its been active since '07. I am in the process of downloading Ubuntu right now, so I am a total n00b, but maybe if there's enough people in Evansville we could create a new LUG; I will help out in any way I can.

Beans

Hey guys, we have an active Linux User Group around e-ville, 45 minutes north-east.

We have a few guys that drive from e-ville so car pooling is always an option.

Dubois County Linux User Group

dclinux.org

We have presentations, live demo's, and we work on projects.

Here is a pic of our lab: sickbits.networklabs.org/pics/not_finished.jpg

We run a security/hacker(ish) type group as well, were we work on projects and collaborate:
    sickbits.networklabs.org

Check us out, we'd love to hear from you...

jonschipp@gmail.com
    info@dclinux.org
    irc.freenode.net
    #sickbit