Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

Hybrid View

Beans

What to do if an admin simply refuses to answer?

What am I supposed to do if an admin is simply refusing to answer what I think are relevant questions and instead chooses to abuse his admin powers?

Reference:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=139401&page=4
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147933
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147936

Beans

Re: What to do if an admin simply refuses to answer?

Again our position has been made very clear
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    Again our position has been made very clear
    Again, I don't think my questions have been addressed in any way, shape or form.

But if I'm wrong here, why do you refuse to simply show me where I'm wrong?

Beans

Beans

Again, my questions are not addressed there.
    If I'm wrong and they are, please show me where exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

How is the resolution center supposed to work if the very same admin I have an issue with I'd like to discuss here prevents this by banning me indefinately before anyone but himself addressed the issue and now starts to delete my posts?

I'm refering to this thread here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147941

And rest assured, I only register a new user to discuss this, as it is beyond me how a resolution center is supposed to work if the one looking for a resolution is banned from posting.

Beans

Re: How to find a resolution if you are prevented from posting here

Your issues were addressed many times in the other threads you opened under multiple accounts. Please see those for the answers.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

We are not prepared to place these forums at risk for our 80,000 members for very small number of members who believe they are above the rules and policies they agreed to follow when they signed up for membership.

Beans

This is kindergarten

Seeing that both kassetra and kiwinz proofed beyond a reasonable doubt that they are unable to engage in any form of grown up discourse, I just wanted to declare that I give up.

You did not address one of the issues I raised, neither initially, nor in the resolution center, instead you chose to misrepresent anything I said in order to avoid confronting the issues.

To further embarrass yourselves, you also chose to make it impossible for me to reply to your false allegations, be it in private or publicly, by either banning me (and thereby making a farce of the resolution center), or by ignoring my pms.

Clearly, you have shown that you can and should not be treated as grown ups.

But you won, I give up, as playing your little kindergarten games is really a rather dull experience.

Rest assured however that I feel free to register new accounts whenever I feel the need for it and that I will behave myself according to the high standards you have set with your examples. After all, acting like a spoiled child might be fun sometimes I guess.

Reference:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147941
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=147951

Beans

Re: This is kindergarten

I am very tired and while your reply deserves no response because it is hostile, I will nevertheless answer it. You were not banned, you *were* simply confined to the resolution center because your posts were out of line.

We are under no obligation of free speech, and as such, civil disobedience, the "right" to discuss illegal matters and such are not covered. You disagree that KiwiNZ followed the rules, but in the posts you state, he answered your questions and locked threads that were flamebait, as is our policy. The only problem I see from you is that he didn't answer them the way you wished, which is our prerogative. We do not have an exhaustive list of what is and is not illegal; but we do discuss every topic that we see that may be questionable - until the staff, as a whole, arrive upon a solid decision.

The ban on the user in question was not simply for stating that he thought codecs were legal, but since that is all you wish to see, it remains an unanswered question to you.

In all your actions, you seem to be wanting to provoke the administrators of this forum into a pissing match regarding legalities. Your questions have been harassing, confrontational, and demanding. We do not respond to these kinds of attitudes.

The only thing we have done "wrong" is not answer your questions in the way that you wish. We have not avoided anything in any way, and after every attempt to explain to you that we do not discuss legal matters, we have been ignored for what we say, and assailed for not answering you with what you want to hear, when you want to hear it.

It is quite clear that you do not wish for a resolution, only a confrontation.

What truly saddens me is that instead of directing your energies toward helping to rewrite laws such as the DMCA or the mind-bogglingly outdated patent system in the USA, you have chosen to attack us for having the nerve to want to keep this community out of legal entanglements.

Have you made any impact in the laws that are being used by ominous corporations to bully people into doing what they wish by harassing the staff here? Have you helped to bring light to the millions of people that do not understand that they do not have to be subject to invasive practices by software companies in the name of stopping piracy? No. You have chosen instead to call us names.

What a waste.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast