Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: touch screen works but i can't calibrate it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

touch screen works but i can't calibrate it...

hey everyone~
    ok so i posted about one of the few quarks i have now that i've upgraded to lucid from karmic. here's my other main one...

i have an hp pavillion tx2510us. it has a wacom tablet screen and well in karmic the stylus worked but wasn't able to be calibrated.

now that i've upgraded it works with my finger and with my stylus but still i can not calibrate it.

i have installed anything in the repos that sounded like it may help me calibrate it....but no luck. wacomcpl isn't in the repos (and i know many say use that but i tried that in the last 2 editions of ubuntu and never had it recognize my touchscreen)

so does anyone have any ideas on how i can calibrate it? i am fairly comforatable editing files in an editor....so it doesn't have to be a gui way although that would be preferable.

thanks in advanced!
    ~j

p.s. im running the 64 bit version
    ~ live life less seriously ~
    ~j~

Beans

Re: touch screen works but i can't calibrate it...

I have the same problem and I cant rotation the screen
    I have HP HP TouchSmart tx2 1035ee and running the 32 bit version

Beans

I have the same problem and I cant rotation the screen
    I have HP HP TouchSmart tx2 1035ee and running the 32 bit version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi ~drj and Shehab66,

The calibration for a TX2500's stylus is:
    Code:
    	Option		"TopX"		"225"
    	Option		"TopY"		"225"
    	Option		"BottomX"	"26300"
    	Option		"BottomY"	"16375"
    The calibration for a TX2500's touch is:
    Code:
    	Option		"TopX"		"200"
    	Option		"TopY"		"225"
    	Option		"BottomX"	"4000"
    	Option		"BottomY"	"3875"
    The calibration for a TX2z's stylus and touch is:
    Code:
    	Option		"TopX"		"0"
    	Option		"TopY"		"0"
    	Option		"BottomX"	"9600"
    	Option		"BottomY"	"7200"
    You can add that to the 10-wacom.conf, or if that fails to a section in xorg.conf. I think the wacom driver is suppose to auto-calibrate your device. Often Xorg.0.log in /var/log has the coordinates when the driver initiates the device.

The Rotation HOW TO has scripts. Just remember there has been a change in the device name conventions. Enter 'xinput --list' in a terminal to get the new device name and substitute it in the scripts (with the quotes) where it says stylus or touch, etc. You can also use the device ID numbers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

favux~
    i'll give that a shot and let ya know....sounds promising [i'd try right now but i have a hard learned rule....NO programing after 11pm....i get too tired and make stupid/rookie mistakes and usually wind up haveing to reinstall everything lol]

i appreciate the help man....
    ~j
    ~j~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

favux~
    hey there, so i can't find a 10-wacom.conf file. i looked in the log you mentioned and the cordinates are off...so adding the values you said to the xorg file leaves me with one question

would i add them as a new section or under an exsisting section? i would guess i should add them as a new section i just want to make sure before hand

thanks
    ~j
    ~j~

Beans
    Distro

Hi ~drj,

The .conf files are in /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/. You'll need to add Wacom sections, because they shouldn't be in xorg.conf right now. A sample TX2000 xorg.conf is attached to the bottom of the linuxwacom HOW TO. And Section 3 talks a little bit about the 10-wacom.conf.

You probably should have me review your xorg.conf before you try it. And back up your current working xorg.conf and be prepared to re-install it from the command line.

Beans

Favux: Have you got the calibration points for a HP Touchsmart TM2?

Thanks
    Mitchells00

Beans
    Distro

Hi mitchells00,

I think so. Often Xorg.0.log (in /var/log) will show the coordinates when the driver is initalized. In the HP TM2 convertible notebook on Lucid thread at post #35 I found a Xorg.0.log. And it showed:
    Code:
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device ""Wacom ISDv4 E3"" (type: STYLUS)
    (--) "Wacom ISDv4 E3": top X=0 top Y=0 bottom X=26112 bottom Y=16320 resol X=2540 resol Y=2540
    So with luck those are your values. You can check your own Xorg.0.log also.

Edit: Since the thread is in Lucid testing forum it is frozen now. So no more posts. Skimming through the thread I saw the Magic Rotation script using hp-wmi. I didn't realize the TM2 has a switch in the swivel hinge. I thought I read somewhere it didn't. If it does you might want to try the Magick Rotation applet. Just brought out a beta1 for Lucid and it looks like it works fine. See Section 4 in the Rotation HOW TO.
    Last edited by Favux; May 13th, 2010 at 05:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

favux~
    first off, man your awesome! thank you SO much....you're one of the most helpful guru's i've meet here. i hope as i learn even more i can model your willingness to help. (i've posetd help answers only a few times...i should use the forum more lol)

ok if i did this right, my 10-wacom file should be attached as well as my xorg.conf file.....i have NOT added anything to them yet.

so when you can look over them and give me advice? i'd assume the 10-wacom file is the better way to do this project (since you mentioned it first lol) and i would also assume i just add to the middle section of the file?

anyhow i hope i attached them right...and thanks again, youre sooo helpful
    ~j
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~j~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast