Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALERT!!! May 14 is Ubuntu Request Day!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: ALERT!!! May 14 is Ubuntu Request Day!!

I'm with uRock. I'm actually considering selling some Linux-based computers to consumers with a wide range of options (Wine/VirtualBox included, KDE/Gnome configurations, computers with less RAM and a much lower price), just to let you choose the price range you want, rather than feeling like you need to spend a fortune.

I'm sure if more people sold Linux in stores and actually took the price down reasonably for how much they saved, it would catch on because it's fast, cheap, reliable, and easy to use. Microsoft just likes to scare retailers into thinking it's impossible. I really hope DELL and other manufacturers take advantage of the opportunity to start a new trend.

I always ask if they have a computer with Linux/Ubuntu/No OS when I go looking for a new one, and if they can refund the Windows installation on it, because I seriously want that as a customer. I'm not nagging anyone, I'm asking for something perfectly reasonable. It's a pain not having a store where I can go to get a Linux computer that's fairly priced. It's a pain for Linux users, too, since they don't wanna' go through the 10-15 minute installation, even if it's so simple and easy to do.

With the positive feedback we're getting lately, and a new LTS that really shows off the improvements in Ubuntu, I think the day will come soon. But yes, it would be ideal to voice your support for this if a company is trying to find out through research what the demographic wants.

Beans

I was rather disappointed when I was netbook shopping a few months ago and Dell had no systems that could be selected with ubuntu. Ubuntu is what I wanna see in stores.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why May 14?
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123