So I purchased about 1 month ago the HP Envy 4 Ultrabook (1030-us) because I've been eyeing an ultrabook for quite some time, and I'm someone who rarely uses the CD drive, if ever.

So I finally got some time to actually use it this week, and I've been spending the past few days trying to install Ubuntu. Having used Ubuntu on and off since Warty, and having set up multiple systems in the past few years, I've found it particularly frustrating with this laptop.

When I boot the system, get logged into BIOS, I see the options to boot from a USB CD Drive, USB Diskette, and USB Floppy (which is disabled by default). Unfortunately, attempting to boot from the USB drive doesn't seem to work, as the BIOS doesn't recognize the disk image (produced with Unetbootin) and enabling USB Floppy and selecting that option (in which case the usb drive is recognized) leaves it hanging at a terminal screen.

I'm going to probably need to attempt using a different flash drive, as the one I had used was previously used as a memory card for an Xbox360, since formatted, and I'm unsure if that might of had any adverse effect. Likewise, I was hoping that someone here may of had the same laptop, but had better success in getting Ubuntu 12.04 loaded onto their ultrabook.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I can dive back into the world of Ubuntu!

-ScrewdriverClock