Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LGP - Disciples 2 , when?

Beans

Re: LGP - Disciples 2 , when?

Thanks A.I

Apparently our discussion had been noted and posted on LinuxToday :

http://www.linuxtoday.com/developer/2010051103235OSGM

(Sorry ELD, I know your post was the original, I have no idea why they took mine).

Beans

Annoying/Odd that they copy and paste my entire post and link to your article.

Beans

OK.
    Michael Simms made a decent and long response :

http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/open-letter-to-lgp/

(it's long).

Beans

It's not him, I know it isn't because of what he said about me and the lgp member made it an obvious fake.

It's not very well done either, many mistakes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    It's not him, I know it isn't because of what he said about me and the lgp member made it an obvious fake.

It's not very well done either, many mistakes.
    I actually think it is him.
    Please give me some strong evidence that it's not him because all I see is that it is him (he spoken to me on IRC, and I spend a lot of time at the lgp irc channel, he didn't change his nick - also he commented on Facebook).

Also the man you spoke with said to me he didn't give you permission to post it - but it's too late now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Of course, I may not be the real Michael Simms, because, when I reply to things, I get told by people I shouldn’t feed the trolls. But you wanted an answer, this is the only one I have to give you.
    Self admission goes a long way. It may or may not be him, but it explains alot of things, right or wrong. So if even the authenticity of the comment in question is half right, or even a translation from a communication by a third party, it certain sheds light on a previously unlit area.

Beans

Since for some odd reason MaximB won't approve my comment on his blog (he approved one after mine) i will repost it here for public view.

I know this isn’t simms so I will keep my reply short, thanks for the laugh.
    No self respecting CEO would ever post what you did especially in unofficial channels. Especially not one like simms he wouldn’t have time to post something like that.
    As for my pasted comments from an lgp member he would have been well aware I would post them which shows you up massively as a fake!
    Also you said on the second bit I only picked a part, no it was all of it, it was that short I’m not an idiot and paste only to strengthn myself.
    The whole post was a fake and should be deleted.
    I will also now like to point out some more things:

Two seconds ago you said you had proof. Make up your mind.
    Fact that it has been all of 7 months since our last release. Get over yourself and have some patience.
    I've never said i have any proof that they are working on anything, as i KEEP saying i think they aren't doing much for the ports that have been awaiting 7 years, get the facts straight.

7 months for a release? Your kidding, as pointed out and as "CEO" you should know that LGP didn't port the last game only published it...fisshhyyy.

Did you know that for every pound we have made on Shadowgrounds, we have spent 10 pounds advertising it.
    I know my way around the community, i know most of the sites that actually matter to the audience LGP games cater for, i've seen bugger all advertisement. And before you say it's not on the net, well where is it published i live and work in the same country LGP operates and have seen nothing.

Do you know that on the launch of each and every game we have ever released in the last 5 years, there has been an accompanying publicity campaign that can cost tens of thousands of pounds.
    Again...point me to some, i sure as heck haven't seen anything that warrants that amount of money.

Did you know, for instance, that the only other company to come along and do Linux ports, Runesoft, in the last few years, sure their ports sucked goats for quality, but it was better than nothing right.
    I highly doubt Simms is THAT out of the loop, let alone knowing nothing about his own company.

Humble bundle and the included games, the wikipedia article i showed, all the other companies LGP has personally worked with to publish THEIR games...shouldn't a CEO know they work with other companies? Starting to smell more fishy...

Of course, I may not be the real Michael Simms
    No kidding.

To end it on this note;
    No, you ask that while I pour all this into entertainment for YOU, you arent satisfied and want MORE MORE MORE MORE FASTER BIGGER MORE MORE.
    You really trust someone who acts like that?

I sure don't think a 15 year old response like that to a total of 4 maybe 5 people in this thread basically pointing out a few things. And the apparent CEO of LGP makes comments like that, if it really IS him then he has lost all my respect for the fact that he blatantly CANNOT handle a few comments, our comments aren't even personal to him.

This whole thing smells very fishy.

Beans

ELD : I didn't approve your comment because it is disrespectful.
    What if it IS Michael Simms ?
    He spilled his soul out after not writing for a long time, he gave lots of information and explained a lot of stuff - and you say "thanks for the laugh" ?!

The least you can do is say what you want with respect to that person.
    He did a lot for the Linux gaming community despite the failure to release those 2 games "in reasonable time".

You speak to him even in the last comment on Ubuntuforums as he owes you or us something - he doesn't.
    He can give refund for all who preordered those unreleased games and shut down the company.

That's not what we want - we cannot afford to lose yet another company that ports games to Linux.

I am sure Michael is well aware of the indie companies you mentioned (Humble Indie Bundle) - they do support Linux and I thank them for it, but they are game developers, not game porters by definition.
    The only companies that (it's their job to) port games to Linux are LGP, Igios and Runesoft.

Anyways, I do not want to fight with anyone, we are on the same team here.
    We all want the best for Linux gaming, so we shouldn't fight with each other nor with the companies who support us.
    Last edited by MaximB; May 13th, 2010 at 08:54 AM.

Beans

My post was disrespectful? His entire post was basically bashing us because he apparently cannot handle a few comments from a few people who quite frankly we mean next to nothing in a community this big.

I did say what i want, i was as respectful as he was, he acted like a child and called us liars, he lost my respect.

I have never said he owes us anything, your "putting words into my mouth" care to point my to anywhere that i even remotely state that he owes me something? All i have done is ask for more communication as have you and CK, don't blow it out of proportion like you usually do for the sake of arguments.

As for "That's not what we want - we cannot afford to lose yet another company that ports games to Linux." i am pretty damn sure the Linux gaming scene will flourish even without LGP. Again i need to state this apparently since you and whoever posted on the blog don't get it, i support LGP, all i ASKED for was a little more communication.

I find it funny how he says "Now, what have YOU done to push forwards the Linux gaming community?", what a stuck-up thing to say. I have done plenty in my own way of which i am capable of, from buying games from his own company, running a Linux gaming website and buying all the indie games i can get my hands on and helping to promote them. But no i guess it's not enough unless i directly port games to Linux is it?

You really think he would shut down a company, again because a few non-important people made a few comments asking about the silence? Again very childish and i could never believe anyone would be that stupid.

Your also acting like you know it is him, no one has got confirmation that it is even him.

I am almost ready to unsubscribe from this thread, it is has gotten ridiculous.
    Last edited by ELD; May 13th, 2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: grammar errors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

To be honest, the Ill pick up my toys and leave the playground statement was just a bit 5 year old ish. Actually more than a bit.

As far as your statement about the survival of linux gaming without LGP, ELD, I would stake a fair amount of what little rep I have that not only would it survive. but a service like Steam would kill something like LGP, unless it chose to evolve. It must.

It has been long time for LGP to evolve. Evolve and grow, or die. Plain and simple.

As far as the authentication discussion goes, there is no way to confirm or deny it. You wanna prove that, toss out an access log exerpt from oh, about 12 May 2010 at 12:04. Even then it wouldnt prove all that much. Elsewise its just heresay as to the persons identity. And while its insightful and certainly interesting to read, it really sounds more like a cry for help than a brash statement of frustration.

I asked a question, I got my answer.

**Unsubscribed from thread**

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast