Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Tablet working in 5 steps!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Graphic Tablet working in 5 steps!!

Progress!

I wouldn't have thought you could get the Waltop working on Wacom in Puppy. It has the 2.6.32 kernel, correct? Or despite it being Lucid Puppy does it have the 2.6.35 kernel? Did you try the script for the stylus at the bottom of the Waltop HOW TO?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Progress!

I wouldn't have thought you could get the Waltop working on Wacom in Puppy. It has the 2.6.32 kernel, correct? Or despite it being Lucid Puppy does it have the 2.6.35 kernel? Did you try the script for the stylus at the bottom of the Waltop HOW TO?
    2.6.33.2 in luci_240 - it's not a stable release yet. had to install xf86-input-wacom-0.10.8 which included udev and the xsetwacom utility which i've yet to try. not had a lot of time and still fiddling. thanks again.

Beans

Last edited by mazursv; December 24th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mazursv View Post
    You're welcome. I'm glad to help

Beans

Hi folks !

Sorry for bothering... but I still need help ! !
    I have a GPen F509 and I upgraded to the Ubuntu 10.10 (tablet never worked right - it was a gift for the children, my 3 kids) they're disapointed for more than 6 month...

I've followed all the instructions on the threads about the tablet's configuration... here's what happens: on gimp, when the pen touch the tablet (using a pencil for exemple) it draws rightaway, it's as if the button were pressed all the time.

Help me please !
    Do you have a clue on what the problem might be ?

Thanks for your time !

Quote Originally Posted by lisboaferreira View Post
    Hi folks !

Sorry for bothering... but I still need help ! !
    I have a GPen F509 and I upgraded to the Ubuntu 10.10 (tablet never worked right - it was a gift for the children, my 3 kids) they're disapointed for more than 6 month...

I've followed all the instructions on the threads about the tablet's configuration... here's what happens: on gimp, when the pen touch the tablet (using a pencil for exemple) it draws rightaway, it's as if the button were pressed all the time.

Help me please !
    Do you have a clue on what the problem might be ?

Thanks for your time !
    Hi lisboaferreira,

First;
    Move the pen one centimeter over the surface and tell me if you can move the cursor. You don't need to touch the surface for move the cursor. So, if you can move the cursor without touch the surface maybe the problem is the pressure in Gimp, but if you can move the cursor only if you are doing pressure over the surface the problem is not Gimp.

Well, if the problem isn't Gimp you have two possibilities:
    1. The driver was installed wrong.
    2. The tablet is broken.

If you followed the steps correctly your G-pen F509 should be working, so you need to check the status of your tablet.

The method more easily that I know to confirm if your tablet is fine or broken is installing the official driver for Windows or Mac. Why I tell you this? Because two year ago my girlfriend bought the same tablet and she followed my steps but the tablet works bad like yours. She put her tablet in my computer with the same configuration of my tablet and she obtained the same result. At the end she went to the technical service and they confirm the tablet was broken with the official driver.

Let me know what happens.

Cheers.

Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by al.do; April 7th, 2011 at 06:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

lisboaferreira: be sure you enabled your Tablet, in Gimp, from Preferences- Imput divices
    and secondly try your tablet in Mypaint to see if it least works on that.
    Gimp isn't really a software where you should draw all the time, because has limited touch sensibility when painting, but in Mypaint, you feel like you're really painting/drawing wit a brush/pen . So go for Mypaint, if you wanna just draw/paint.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi everyone. I just upgraded to 11.04 today, just as it became available, and the installation procedure still works OK for my tablet: WP8060U.

Because mine was an upgrade, I lost my configuration file, so I just reinstalled the Wizard pen deb, told the installer to install anyway (as it now gives you warnings about it not being part of the proper repositories etc...). Followed the instructions here, and it worked just as it did before. 5 mins to install and get working!

Note: using the wizard pen in synaptic did not work for me: kept freaking out about not being able to sort out the dependencies, so I had to download the Wizardpen_0.7.3-1_i386.deb from the website and then installed from my Desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by BCtom View Post
    Hi everyone. I just upgraded to 11.04 today, just as it became available, and the installation procedure still works OK for my tablet: WP8060U.

Because mine was an upgrade, I lost my configuration file, so I just reinstalled the Wizard pen deb, told the installer to install anyway (as it now gives you warnings about it not being part of the proper repositories etc...). Followed the instructions here, and it worked just as it did before. 5 mins to install and get working!

Note: using the wizard pen in synaptic did not work for me: kept freaking out about not being able to sort out the dependencies, so I had to download the Wizardpen_0.7.3-1_i386.deb from the website and then installed from my Desktop.
    Thanks, I updated the first post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: Graphic Tablet working in 5 steps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango91 View Post
    Heya,

I have just bought a Trust Flex Design Tablet (shows up in the inputdevices file as:

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=172f Product=0037 Version=0110
    N: Name=" WALTOP Tablet "
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1d.2-2/input0
    S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/usb4/4-2/4-2:1.0/input/input11
    U: Uniq=
    H: Handlers=mouse2 event6
    B: EV=1f
    B: KEY=c03 0 1f0001 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=143
    B: ABS=1fffff00 1000003
    B: MSC=10

So Ubuntu can definitely see it. But when i try to calibrate it it gives me the prompt to touch the stylus at any corner, and when i try, nothing happens. I've tried a couple batteries in the stylus but it seems to have no response.

I don't have my windows pc to try it with at the moment, and it's literally fresh from the shop. Is there a way i might confirm the damn pen actually works? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

TJ

EDIT: I just rebooted again and i knocked the pen across the tablet at the login screen, and the cursor moved. Not coherently, but it moved.
    I'm going to try to calibrate it again.

EDIT 2: The problem is not with this method, it's the pen. i can batter it on the desk and it will work for a second or two.
    Against my better judgement i will try to take it to bits and see what's loose in there.

EDIT 3: The battery negative terminal has the world's most crappy solder joint ever at the pcb in the pen - it seems to be the problem. I'm going to go back to Maplin's and ask if i can borrow a soldering iron...
    I am having the same problem with the same tablet, however I do not think that it is a pen-problem, since it works fine under Windows 7. Probably more a driver issue, can anybody help with this?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast