Running rEFit to dual boot snow leopard and Ubuntu 10.04. I have a black macbook 2,1 model. I have searched everywhere for a guide for this model and have not had any success. For the most part I have been able to configure everything from other guides. I get the following error when trying to change the keyboard to the Mac layout (in order deadkey alt and make the Command or Apple key the major key). Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any more info I can provide? Thanks.
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd