Thread: Why are moderators derailing threads?

Beans

Why are moderators derailing threads?

By taking only the very first sentence from my first paragraph, and using it out of context. The mod in question was intentionally trying to derail my thread. The first sentence takes on a comletely different meaning if it's taken out of the paragraph. The mod in question knew this, and did it anyways. This was a deliberate attempt to confuse people about what I was actually trying to say in my thread. I made a very clear distinction in my thread about what I believed an average user is able to do. If he disagreed with what the definition of an average user is, he could have done that instead of taking the opening sentence out of it's context. I believe this behavior is extremely inappropriate for anyone especially a moderator on these forums. Now my post that I put a good amount of thought into is locked.

link
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J. Simpson
    "Dinner is the perfect break between work, and drunk."

Beans

Re: Why are moderators derailing threads?

I locked the thread for a period of time as it turned into an argument, refer my closure statement. Please see the top banner of the Community Cafe.

I also see no action by staff that was contrary to the rules of this forum.
    This account is not active.

Beans

I had origianly thought that he didn't read the thread, and that's why it was taken out of context. After finding out that he did indeed read the thread, I can think of no other reason why he would decide to pull the open sentence away from the paragraph that explained it's context.

Add

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I locked the thread for a period of time as it turned into an argument, refer my closure statement. Please see the top banner of the Community Cafe.

I also see no action by staff that was contrary to the rules of this forum.
    That's fine, but why is a certain moderator trying to start arguments in my thread? Aren't they supposed to do the opposite? Taking people out of context isn't against the Coc, but do you really think mods should be behaving like this.

Beans

Staff are allowed opinions
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Staff are allowed opinions
    There's a difference between having an opinion, and taking users' post out of context. Like I said if he has a different opinion of what an average user is, he could have expressed that opinion without taking my entire post out of context. This was bound to cause problems, and the thread was doomed to be confusing, and misleading. I didn't say the staff shouldn't have opinions. I said the staff shouldn't be deliberatly trying to cause confusion in peoples' threads. Do you agree?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by swoll1980 View Post
    That's fine, but why is a certain moderator trying to start arguments in my thread? Aren't they supposed to do the opposite? Taking people out of context isn't against the Coc, but do you really think mods should be behaving like this.
    It takes two to argue =)

I have read the entire thread and I see two people discussing issues they are passionate about.

I did not see any violations of the code of conduct or personal insults, nor were any infractions issued, so I am not sure there is anything more to be done here other then ask you to agree to disagree and move on.

If there is a reasonable request to re-open the thread I would consider doing so, but I think the conversation has run it's course.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface