Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.10 -> 10.04: Update Manager offers "Partial Upgrade", Terminal Offers Nothing.

Beans

Re: 9.10 -> 10.04: Update Manager offers "Partial Upgrade", Terminal Offers Nothing.

What, make a new CD and install from scratch? Bah. Oh well, I guess I can; good thing I put my /home on a separate partition last time this happened...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: 9.10 -> 10.04: Update Manager offers "Partial Upgrade", Terminal Offers Nothing.

I had a similar problem going from 8.04 to 10.04. The installer stopped some way through the upgrade. I rebooted, 10.04 came up without a window manager and who know what else, system complained that flash was broken I was unable to reinstall or remove flash or a window manager. I managed to backup all my stuff and then do a clean install, which went smoothly.

I also had problems going from 6.04 to 8.04 and ended up doing a clean install with that upgrade. I haven't had any problems on other machines doing the more frequent stable upgrades, so I will probably not stay with the LTS in future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12