Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Question Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Hi. I recently installed a clean copy of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I've noticed that flash movies and videos tend to lag, the sound play normally although the video lags. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash but that has been to no avail. Can anyone help me resolve this issue. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In My Food Forest
    Beans
    9,318

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rasfl3 View Post
    Hi. I recently installed a clean copy of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I've noticed that flash movies and videos tend to lag, the sound play normally although the video lags. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash but that has been to no avail. Can anyone help me resolve this issue. Thanks!
    If you are using 64bit, you may want to check the link in my sig.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    34

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    I have the 32bits version
    SAME PROBLEM !!!
    flash videos > full screen > LAGG =(

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In My Food Forest
    Beans
    9,318

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Quote Originally Posted by spayman View Post
    I have the 32bits version
    SAME PROBLEM !!!
    flash videos > full screen > LAGG =(
    How did you install your 32bit flash? You can also use the app in the link in my sig to install 32bit flash.

    Please use regular fonts.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    34

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    dude
    installed with the terminal
    reinstalled from their main site , nothin changes
    Last edited by spayman; May 5th, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Beans
    4,499
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    run top in terminal while playing some flash and see if the cpu is maxed out.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In My Food Forest
    Beans
    9,318

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Quote Originally Posted by spayman View Post
    dude
    installed with the terminal
    reinstalled from their main site , nothin changes
    I just installed via the app in my link on a 32bit Lucid system. I used the button for Flass Beta which installs a version not shown on Adobe's site. Though it still ate a lot of CPU on the netbook, it ran smooth and never became choppy like the versions on the Adobe site and the two offered in synaptic package manager.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Quote Originally Posted by spayman View Post
    I have the 32bits version
    SAME PROBLEM !!!
    flash videos > full screen > LAGG =(
    I have exactly the same problem with my 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS fresh install. However, when I upgraded a virtual machine from 9.10 to 10.04, I did not have the problem. Another virtual 10.04 fresh install does have that problem. I have also tried un-installing, re-installing flash player but nothing works. Very disappointing. I hope someone can come up with a solution. Thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In My Food Forest
    Beans
    9,318

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Quote Originally Posted by mjleroux View Post
    I have exactly the same problem with my 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS fresh install. However, when I upgraded a virtual machine from 9.10 to 10.04, I did not have the problem. Another virtual 10.04 fresh install does have that problem. I have also tried un-installing, re-installing flash player but nothing works. Very disappointing. I hope someone can come up with a solution. Thank you
    Have you tried turning off compiz?
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    60

    Re: Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rasfl3 View Post
    Hi. I recently installed a clean copy of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I've noticed that flash movies and videos tend to lag, the sound play normally although the video lags. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash but that has been to no avail. Can anyone help me resolve this issue. Thanks!
    I am running 64 bit and the flash works with google chrome really well so it must be a browser issue would like to hear from some one that knows what the issue is but until then i will use google chrome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •