Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 on Toshiba NB200?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 on Toshiba NB200?

Same thing here.. takes for ages to boot.. must be about 7 minutes here too.
    I'm updating kernel and I see there is an update for grub-pc too so I hope it makes a difference

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Try going into your BIOS settings and change the SATA Controller Mode, it's probably set to AHCI, so set it to Compatibility.

If that solves it, please mark the thread as [Solved] by using the "Thread Tools" option at the top of the page. And enjoy!!!
    Matt
    blog.mattrudge.net for extra helpings of geeky Ubuntu goodness
    Get the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

Beans

I'll try that, but probably tomorrow, I cant wait another slow load.....
    Thanks again!

By the way, jeroenimo I just used your guide for bluetooth for the 12th time or something! Thanks again to you too!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lechien73 View Post
    Try going into your BIOS settings and change the SATA Controller Mode, it's probably set to AHCI, so set it to Compatibility.

If that solves it, please mark the thread as [Solved] by using the "Thread Tools" option at the top of the page. And enjoy!!!
    That my friend was the trick, it boots in 15 seconds now

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Great...glad to hear it. Have fun
    Matt

Beans

Can you guys advise whether your Ubuntu 10.04 is now running fine, including sound and WiFi on the toshiba NB200. I am thinking of installing it on mine, and need some guidance on whether it's worthwhile trying.

Beans

Hey folks,

Same question as Pete2222 - can you confirm that the UNR 10.04 now works fine ?

I initially upgraded from the Update Manager from Karmic to Lynx, and had the same issues, so rolled back to 9.10. Just want to make sure it's worth upgrading again !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It might be a good idea to start a new thread and ask these questions. Now that this thread is marked as solved, it probably doesn't get checked that often.
    Matt

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by antoinef View Post
    Hey folks,

Same question as Pete2222 - can you confirm that the UNR 10.04 now works fine ?

I initially upgraded from the Update Manager from Karmic to Lynx, and had the same issues, so rolled back to 9.10. Just want to make sure it's worth upgrading again !
    In my case I am using the netbook version from a usb stick. It seems to be working fine, except sound, which is working from the headphones only.

Beans

Hi to all, this is my first post on this forum, and I really need your guidance and advice.

I'm really interested in this netbook nb200-10z and in this afternoon I went to the shop to see it. I booted from my usb flash drive where I had installed the ubuntu 10.04 (normal distro). It booted perfectly and then I checked some things:

• The touchpad was detected as supposed with scrolling working fine
    • the wifi card was detected correctly (i think) as I executed the command iwconfig and saw the card detected. By the way this card is b/g/n !! N is supported and the manufacturer keeps it secret!?!?!
    • Bluetooth was not detected.
    • Sound wasn't tested as I didn't know before that may were issues with that

So, please tell me have you tried ubuntu 10.04 on this netbook and what systems don't work out of the box? Your opinion is crutial as I would like to make a decision till tomorrow and go buy it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast