Thread: FF Flash issue - sound but no video?

Beans

FF Flash issue - sound but no video?

I've searched all the other posts about flash issues but haven't been able to find anything related to my problem.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 on a Compaq 6710b laptop. I have latest flash plugin installed and have tried un-installing and re-installing, tried flash-nonfree, I have tried FLASH-AID but nothing has worked.

My problem is that on 'some' flash sites I cant view the video, I just get a grey box where the flash video should be. Youtube for example. the video appears to be playing as I can hear the sound but no actual video? Some sites with flash work ok but most do not.

Any ideas? Could it be video drivers? I am currently using the kernel drivers but I haven't noticed any other problems, compiz fusion effects are working fine. I believe this laptop uses intel graphics media accelerator x3100.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: FF Flash issue - sound but no video?

I don't think it has to do with the video drivers.I have found that installing flash from adobe's website works better you may want to try it just download the .deb for ubuntu 8.04 then double click it to install it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Type about:config in Firefox address bar, then type plugin.expose_full_path in the filter, then double-click the same item in the results to make it true. Then type about:plugins in the address bar, find Shockwave Flash, copy the corresponding Path and Version and paste here.

Beans

Shockwave Flash

File: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
    Version: Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes