Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSH login displays stats of server twice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: SSH login displays stats of server twice

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Easier fix: Delete /etc/motd.tail

There is a bug that causes that file not to be overwritten.
    This worked for me, thank you!
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: SSH login displays stats of server twice

My wishes;

1) That people would google a problem before asking the same question that has been answered a 1000 times before

2) People would mark their threads as solved

I know, I know, it's too much to ask.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: SSH login displays stats of server twice

Quote Originally Posted by brettg View Post
    My wishes;

1) That people would google a problem before asking the same question that has been answered a 1000 times before

2) People would mark their threads as solved

I know, I know, it's too much to ask.
    I'll second that. It's getting so bad in fact that we're beginning to need a "solutions wiki" or something along those lines that contains a concise reference to many of the problems people have faced and fixed in each release. I've considered putting something together like that, but my domain cannot support the traffic that it would bring due to the cap enforced by my ISP (Comcast). And really, it's something that would be more appropriately hosted by Canonical.

Anyways, for myself, Google is the first stop for anything related to troubleshooting any Linux problem, regardless of the platform or vendor. It's sort of a no-brainer... Google is a data-mining engine (technical a step above a search engine), and if used correctly (see the book, Google Hacking for Penetration Testing, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_hacking for more details on how to use Google's advanced capabilities), it can unearth just about any information that isn't completely locked down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12