Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    10

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by w2no View Post
    hello friend. can u detail the process pls?
    i m on the Ubuntu 10.04 which i installed into the Windows 7.
    may u help me up? do wish to learn and get Lotus Notes working on Ubuntu
    thanks before hand,

    Here's my steps on 32bit...

    1. http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i38...top-2/download download and install that package.

    2. sudo apt-get install libgnomeprintui2.2-0

    3. sudo apt-get install ttf-xfree86-nonfree

    4. install Notes from the .deb file

    5. Go here and get the four files shown http://www.freetechie.com/upload/lotus_notes/

    6. Move those 4 files to the /opt/ibm/lotus/notes But you wont have access to that folder so... sudo mv lib* /opt/ibm/lotus/notes


    That should do it....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    9

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
    Here's my steps on 32bit...

    1. http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i38...top-2/download download and install that package.

    2. sudo apt-get install libgnomeprintui2.2-0

    3. sudo apt-get install ttf-xfree86-nonfree

    4. install Notes from the .deb file

    5. Go here and get the four files shown http://www.freetechie.com/upload/lotus_notes/

    6. Move those 4 files to the /opt/ibm/lotus/notes But you wont have access to that folder so... sudo mv lib* /opt/ibm/lotus/notes


    That should do it....
    Omni, in step 4, where can i get the .deb? pls kindly advise.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    10

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by w2no View Post
    Omni, in step 4, where can i get the .deb? pls kindly advise.
    Lotus Notes is not a free program, so if you are using it at work you'll need to downloaded from IBM through your IBM download page...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    9

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    oic... i ll need to contact my IT for help then

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    1

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniphil View Post
    Lotus Notes is not a free program, so if you are using it at work you'll need to downloaded from IBM through your IBM download page...
    Actually Lotus Notes IS free for personal use! You can confirm this by going to: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/do...ner/learn.html

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    1

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Does anybody have another link for the 4 files in step 5? It appears to be down.
    Thanks

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    20

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    The 4 files are:
    libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
    libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0
    libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
    libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

    http://rapidshare.com/files/394640532/libgtk.zip.htm

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    49
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Related to the OP, do any of you know if Lotus Notes 8.5.1 will keep working properly through an upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04 when done with Update Manager?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: anybody get Lotus Notes 8.5.1 (any FP) on 10.04 lucid 32bit to work?

    Hi, just for update: 8.5.2 works well with Lucid 10.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •