Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash plays but can't click on buttons?

Beans

Flash plays but can't click on buttons?

So yeah I've seen threads on getting flash installed, and it appears to be installed. Youtube videos play and all that jazz. You got to Adobe's webpage and it says I have the latest released version installed.

Problem is I can't click on any of the buttons IN the videos. Like in youtube I can't click pause, change the video resolution, or move the bar to fast forward or rewind.

I'm kind of at a loss cause it IS installed, and reinstalling doesn't do anything in FF. I mean if I uninstall videos don't play, and if I reinstall they play. Still can't click on anything though.

EDIT:Also it DOES work just in youtube if I get the new interface. It won't work in the old interface... WTF

SPECS: Lucid Lynx 10.04 AMD64 + Gnome 2.3 + FF 3.6.3 + ATI Drivers + Compwiz

PS: Thanks in advance as I'm sort of a Linux n00b, and if you need more info let me know!!
    Last edited by Vanillalite; May 2nd, 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Flash plays but can't click on buttons?

Same issue, flash plays and that is about it, cannot do anything else.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Remove any flash you have installed, and get the 64bit flash file here http://download.macromedia.com/pub/l...6_64.so.tar.gz

Then extract it and put it in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins and restart firefox. Works perfect for me.

If you are unsure how to do this, to extract the file, just right click and "extract here". Make sure it's on your desktop. Then do in terminal: (you can copy and paste it)
    Code:
    sudo cp ~/Desktop/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
    Restart firefox, done.
    Last edited by WinterRain; May 3rd, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Someone posted a handy utility for getting rid of your old flash and installing the new one: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1414595. Click on "Download" in the first post. From the window that opens up, download the 64-bit Ubuntu flash and save it to your desktop. Right-click on the downloaded file and choose properties. In the box that comes up, click on the "Permissions" tab. Near the bottom of the tab, put a check mark in the box "Allow executing file as program" and close the box. Now double-click on the downloaded file and a box will open up that will allow you to "Remove flash" (do this first) and then "install flash (X64)". This worked for me. I didn't mess with the "Install Flash Beta" option.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bark50 View Post
    Someone posted a handy utility for getting rid of your old flash and installing the new one: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1414595. Click on "Download" in the first post. From the window that opens up, download the 64-bit Ubuntu flash and save it to your desktop. Right-click on the downloaded file and choose properties. In the box that comes up, click on the "Permissions" tab. Near the bottom of the tab, put a check mark in the box "Allow executing file as program" and close the box. Now double-click on the downloaded file and a box will open up that will allow you to "Remove flash" (do this first) and then "install flash (X64)". This worked for me. I didn't mess with the "Install Flash Beta" option.
    Actually, my method has less steps, and is brainless. I'm sure the other method works, but why screw around with scripts and permissions? Right click the flash.tar.gz file and extract here. Run the one line I gave above, and you're done.
    Last edited by WinterRain; May 3rd, 2010 at 06:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by WinterRain View Post
    Remove any flash you have installed, and get the 64bit flash file here http://download.macromedia.com/pub/l...6_64.so.tar.gz

Then extract it and put it in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins and restart firefox. Works perfect for me.

If you are unsure how to do this, to extract the file, just right click and "extract here". Make sure it's on your desktop. Then do in terminal: (you can copy and paste it)
    Code:
    Restart firefox, done.
    Worked perfect, thanks!

Beans

Thanks. Worked just perfect.
    Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Code:
    Restart firefox, done.
    Worked great, thanks! I'm remembering why I love Ubuntu so much... the community!

Beans

Talking Re: Flash plays but can't click on buttons?

Code:
    Restart firefox, done.
    Thanks a lot this worked for me

Beans

Sounds great, but I'm on 32bit Ubuntu because I'm running older Pentium M hardware. Any fix for people like me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast