Thread: Procaster type Linux program?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Procaster type Linux program?

Basically is there a linux equivalent or procaster? I want to stream my games on livestream, and have tried procaster in wine to no avail.

Is there any programs that can record and stream your desktop to a livestream like that?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Procaster type Linux program?

Not that I know. Dont think there is alot of demand either considering the state of gaming on linux. But you could try to hack something together using flumotion and gtk-recordmydesktop and maybe even vlc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

flumotion looks promising, but I am installing it now to see how it does. I am only going to be streaming or hopefully streaming emulators.

Beans

I use WebCamStudio and it works well. I have a really good video card so I dunno if that has anything to do with it, but as an example I can run Starcraft in an xp vm, change the resolution to make it 640x480 (Starcraft's unchangeable resolution), fire up ws4gl and broadcast on ustream/livestream. I've not yet run into an application I couldn't screencast. The big problem I have is most streaming providers only allow 320x280 output. If I play counterstrike - well yeah ws4gl can handle that, even full screen, but squeeze that into uStream or Livestream sucks