Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Ethernet On 10.04

Beans

Re: No Ethernet On 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by jaybok View Post
    I had a similar problem, upgraded to 10.04 from 9.10... rebooted etc., no problems. Today, no internet and no "network connections" icon in panel. I am hard-wired via a router.

* Solved the "network connections" problem by opening "Run Application" (Alt+F2), type and run: "nm-applet --sm-disable". The network connections icon now appears in panel.

* Solved "no internet" issue by clicking on icon and check "enable networking". After a few min, have internet.

Do not know enough of Ubuntu to know if this would help, but that's my $0.02.
    This actually worked for me .. thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dgizzle View Post
    This actually worked for me .. thanks!
    Glad could help and contribute. Enjoy Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Last edited by christopherbalz; April 9th, 2011 at 07:03 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Multi_User View Post
    OK, this has got to be the weirdest night for me in a long time.

I solved it by... powering off the machine AND pulling the plug for 30 seconds, and then booting it back up again.

The only thing I can suggest is that maybe the NVIDIA Chipset Driver install in Linux did something to the hardware (with its integrated Ethernet) that required a full power-down and restart cycle to clear up. Who knows.
    Thanks for the fix - worked for me w/ 10.04 and NVidia special-effects recently enabled. I had the same issue with eth0, although wireless was unaffected.

Beans

Angry Re: No Ethernet On 10.04

I tried all the options posted by you.. I am very new to ubuntu. Can anyone explain me step by step on how to resolve this problem of no ethernet. M very much fed up and on the verge of removing Ubuntu from my lappy
    Kindly Help!!!

Beans

I solved it by... powering off the machine AND pulling the plug for 30 seconds, and then booting it back up again.

The only thing I can suggest is that maybe the NVIDIA Chipset Driver install in Linux did something to the hardware (with its integrated Ethernet) that required a full power-down and restart cycle to clear up. Who knows.

I'll add some keywords here so google will pick this up and maybe other people will find it if they have the same problem:
    Ubuntu, Linux, Ethernet, Nvidia, Chipset, Driver, no Ethernet, troubleshooting, diagnostic, ifconfig, Windows 7, Asus, Eee box, EB1501, EB1201
    I had the same problem (on a Dell Vostro 3700 running 10.04 Lucid) and I have to say your solution worked! I powered off, unplugged for 30 seconds and then powered up again. My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw the ethernet card was working again. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'll add some keywords here so google will pick this up and maybe other people will find it if they have the same problem:
    Ubuntu, Linux, Ethernet, Nvidia, Chipset, Driver, no Ethernet, troubleshooting, diagnostic, ifconfig, Windows 7, Asus, Eee box, EB1501, EB1201
    Thanks.. its helps!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12