Thread: No suspend or hibernate

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No suspend or hibernate

Acer Aspire Timeline 4820T: There is no hibernate or suspend function on this computer (10.10). On my Acer ONE (10.04LTS) on the stop menu has both listed and the TimelineX does not have them listed. I don't know if those functions are present or not.

When the top is closed, the screen goes dark, but computer does not change state as when top is opened same screen info is there as before closed
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: No suspend or hibernate

Your Motherboard may not support it.
    Go ask Acer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks. I will try that, but my experience with Acer support has been less than desirable. They only seem to know Windows OS, and not their own hardware. They sure don't know a bit or bite about Lunix.
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No answer from Acer. I booted Win7 and it has a "sleep' and "hibernate" option. That makes me believe that the motherboard does support suspend and hibernate.

So I must have an Ubuntu OS problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Answer from Acer: Reinstall the OEM OS (Win7). Of course they did not read that I was dual booting it and Win7 was still on it. Then they said in another post that they can not support any OS other than the OEM installed one (can not support even store bought Win7). The techs they have know nothing about computers. Even asked me what "suspend" meant.
    Suspend=stand-by=sleep depending on OS