Thread: Networking disabled Lucid Powerbook G4

Beans

Networking disabled Lucid Powerbook G4

My laptop when to sleep and when I woke it up it looked like it wouldn't come back on. Kinda looks like it hibernated, even though I set it to sleep.

Anyway, I reset the laptop and now I get a message where my wireless is, saying "Networking disabled". I restarted it again and nothing different. It's nice to see my network is disabled, with no option to enable it again.

How do I enable my network?
    Compaq CQ62 with Intel i3 2.5Ghz and Radeon HD 6370.

Custom made PC FX-8350, Radeon HD 7850, 8GB ram, entirely water cooled.

Beans

Re: Networking disabled Lucid Powerbook G4

Ok, I fixed it by manually putting into suspend and then resuming. Somehow networking is enabled again.

So the problem now is, why does it not suspend on its own? It's set to suspend, but it does something else.
    Compaq CQ62 with Intel i3 2.5Ghz and Radeon HD 6370.

Custom made PC FX-8350, Radeon HD 7850, 8GB ram, entirely water cooled.

Beans

huh? Lucid guys, need to fix this, thanks. It works now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I just had the same thing happen about 10 min ago on a Macbook Pro. I accidentally popped the power cable out and the laptop when to a blank screen. After I hit the power button the return from suspend login came back and the network was disabled. Again, the screen randomly went back to a blank screen, 3 lines of something popped up, one of them spouting not enough swap space, and just stayed there like it got hung. I've got 2 gigs of ram and 800MB of swap. I cut the laptop off and restarted. It then tried to recover from a /dev file. I got to the desktop again and still no network. I then restarted from the menu and after the restart, it was fine.

32 bit Lucid (Up to date as of today)
    2.6.32-23 Generic