Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AWLL6075 installation problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: AWLL6075 installation problem

At this point my best suggestion is to revert to 9.04 or 9.10 until either Ubuntu or Realtek gets on these drivers. That's my plan. And everything works in those

Beans

i guess so

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mothdragon View Post
    At this point my best suggestion is to revert to 9.04 or 9.10 until either Ubuntu or Realtek gets on these drivers. That's my plan. And everything works in those
    hey, it seems that you have no problems with installing it on ubuntu 9.10, can you show me step by step how to do it? thanks.

Beans

for now i installed the ndiswrapper and also downloaded the WIndows XP drivers for the adapter and it is working fine...
    the only thing is that once in a while when it hibernates/sleeps i have to plug it out and in to get it to connect againl..

Beans

I also have a AWLL6075 (Golden N Wireless Mini USB Adapter). After I searched for 2 hours for solutions on the Internet, I managed to make it work under Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32-21-generic).

I tried a lot of combinations with ndiswrapper, but couldn't make it work. Then I did the following:

1. I plugged in the Wireless USB Adapter and ran "dmesg". I looked at the message saying:
    "usb 1-3: firmware: requesting RTL8192SU/rtl8192sfw.bin
    rtl819xU:request firmware fail!
    "
    2. I extracted the contents of the file attached ( "gunzip rtl8192sfw.bin.gz")

3. I then used "sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/RTL8192SU"

4. And "sudo cp rtl8192swf.bin /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/RTL8192SU"

5. I unplugged the Wireless USB Adapterand then plugged it in again in the same USB port.

6. I ran "dmesg" again and saw that my wireless was working! (the SSIDs of wifi networks appeared in the Network Manager)

I hope this will help others too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

James! You're my hero! I've been trying to get the AWLL6075 working for 2-3 days now, even with that same firmware and methods but for some reason, from a clean run and following just those steps I got it to work.. The only part I had to change was to strip the " `uname -r' bit, because it just created a file named RTL8192SU and not a folder.

Thanks man!!!!

Beans

Talking Re: AWLL6075 installation problem

@jamesbond07 I also thank you very much. This post should be saved and/or added to the tutorials. One thing that does need to be changed in your guide is:
    It should read:
    Code:
    4. And "sudo cp rtl8192sfw.bin /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/RTL8192SU"
    Other than that.. Thank you very much

Ilukester

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond07 View Post
    I also have a AWLL6075 (Golden N Wireless Mini USB Adapter). After I searched for 2 hours for solutions on the Internet, I managed to make it work under Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32-21-generic).

I tried a lot of combinations with ndiswrapper, but couldn't make it work. Then I did the following:

1. I plugged in the Wireless USB Adapter and ran "dmesg". I looked at the message saying:
    "

5. I unplugged the Wireless USB Adapterand then plugged it in again in the same USB port.

6. I ran "dmesg" again and saw that my wireless was working! (the SSIDs of wifi networks appeared in the Network Manager)

Thanks this worked for me too..except I had too upgrade to the .34 kernel and dmesg reports the device is found..
    How do I disable the previous wl driver (iwl3945)?

thxs
    Reason: no beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Oh crap!

I got this to work with my AZiO AWU212N Wireless USB Adapter using the generic Ubuntu 10.04. I'll update my post to link to the instructions that jamesbond posted!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond07 View Post

"

The part that did not work for me was the sudo cp rtl8192swf.bin /lib/firmware part....

What I did to fix the problem.

I ran sudo nautilus

Went to the newly created folder under lib/firmware/RTL8192SU and just manually placed the rtl8192sfw.b9in file in there...

disconnected the usb card....reconnected and ran dmesh and it looked like it found everything that it needed. Now I just got to try and connect to a network

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast