Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Woe View Post
    N0rbert, I want to give you a hug and buy you a beer. Geistest just now detected the touchscreen. I'll be running tests on it with Touchegg momentarily.

Thank you so much for all your help.

No problem, you are welcome.
    Have a nice time with your T101MT.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Quote Originally Posted by Gia90 View Post
    First of all, i'd like to thank you for your great work!
    Then i need some help with my Express Gate button..

I'm on Lucid with 2.6.35-25-generic kernel, i've followed all the istructions in the ubuntu documentation and i've also read the whole thread but i still can't make my screen rotate by pressing that button...

I can't install eeepc_acpi_workaround because it isn't for lucid but i've changed grub.cfg adding "acpi_osi=Linux", shouldn't it be enough?

In addition, the ExGate button isn't even recognized by xev...
    Someone could help me?
    thx and sorry for my english..
    No one can help me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Originally Posted by Gia90 View Post
    First of all, i'd like to thank you for your great work!
    Then i need some help with my Express Gate button..

I'm on Lucid with 2.6.35-25-generic kernel, i've followed all the istructions in the ubuntu documentation and i've also read the whole thread but i still can't make my screen rotate by pressing that button...

I can't install eeepc_acpi_workaround because it isn't for lucid but i've changed grub.cfg adding "acpi_osi=Linux", shouldn't it be enough?

In addition, the ExGate button isn't even recognized by xev...
    Someone could help me?
    thx and sorry for my english..
    No one can help me?
    For installing the eeepc_acpi_workaround, have a look here --> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT#Basic%20steps
    To err is human - to really f*ck up you need a computer

Beans

Red face Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Hello everybody,

When I install the eeepc-acpi-workaround egalax-multitouch-driver-common eeepc-brightness-workaround eeepc-powersave pakages I lost the bleutooth USB dongle usage.

I can restore the bluetooth usage after a purge of the packages below.... So I did a list of the packages which disturb the blueeutooth :
    eepc-touchpad-twofingers
    eeepc-acpi-workaround
    eeepc-powersave

There is a list with the package don't disturb the bluetooth :
    egalax-multitouch-driver-common
    eeepc-brightness-workaround

These last ones still installed on my Eee PC T101MT

Thank for your help...
    Last edited by dubis; July 27th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Beans

Hello everyone,

the guide at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT states that for second gen screens (e.g. 0486:0186), there's only a 1-finger touchscreen workaround without working screen rotation. Is that still the case? Judging from N0rbert's and Venomous Woe's posts, it seems to work now. Can someone confirm that? And if it works, do we need 'Twofing 0.0.9b' or 'utouch', or even both to get it working?

Thanks guys,
    Fritz

Beans

I've just started running Ubuntu 11.04 on my T101MT. I'm running off a 2GB SD Card using "Universal-USB-Installer-1.8.5.8" I would like to know if there is a way I can get a better screen resolution. I was able to do it in Windows7 by editing a value in regedit.exe. Everything was mushed together but I still liked it better. Is there a way I can get a better 16:9 ratio?

I've read about editing "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" but I could not find it.

I would like something close to 1280x720.

Thanks,

I'm also getting this error when I use apt-get
    Setting up eeepc-acpi-workaround (0.1-ppa3) ...
    /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: cannot stat `aufs'.
    dpkg: error processing eeepc-acpi-workaround (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    eeepc-acpi-workaround
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Last edited by hiltun; July 29th, 2011 at 04:37 AM.

Beans

hi everyone I have done everything on the "official guide" for the t101mt on ubuntu but my webcam is still upside down...can anyone tell me what I can do to figure out why this is?

Beans

Hi,

I've just installed 11.04 on a T101MT and trying to make everything work. Touchscreen works but there's no multitouch. I tried to follow the community documentation instructions and I couldn't make it work. twofing doesn't even start - it just dies silently, no entry in the process list. I haven't debugged it.

Then I followed N0rbert's instructions and two-finger gestures started to work poreprly. Two problems: touchrotate stopped to work(only rotates the screen but not input) and three/four finger gestures are still not recognized by geistest/ginn.(Is the latter possible with this device?)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor_K View Post
    Hi,

I've just installed 11.04 on a T101MT and trying to make everything work. Touchscreen works but there's no multitouch. I tried to follow the community documentation instructions and I couldn't make it work. twofing doesn't even start - it just dies silently, no entry in the process list. I haven't debugged it.

Thanks.
    Have you tried twofing-0.0.9b ? I got it working with that version, using the modification Norbert has suggested :

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-touchscreen-egalax.rules
    BUS=="usb",ACTION=="add",KERNEL=="event*",SYSFS{id Product}=="0186",SYMLINK+="twofingtouch",RUN+="/bin/chmod a+r /dev/twofingtouch"

However, one problem remains for me: whenever I perform a single touch on the touch screen, twofing seems to perform a extended touch. That means :
    1) when I use an onscreen keyboard, every key gets pressed a dozen times before the touch stops, even though I just tap the screen for a split second.
    2) when I touch a link, there's a delay of a few seconds before the button releases and the brower navigates to that link

So basically there's a delay between the click and the release event (much longer than the 100 ms specified in CLICK_DELAY, and modifying that number doesn't seem to do anything).
    I tried modifying 'gestures.c', but haven't been able to fix it. I could 'disable' single touch moves by modifying 'gestures.c' around line 502, e.g.:

if (hadTwoFingersOn == 0 && !isButtonDown()) {
    if (timeDiff(fingerDownTime, currentTime) > CLICK_DELAY) {
    /* Delay has passed, no gesture been performed, so perform single-touch press now */
    pressButton();
    releaseButton() ; // HACK
    }
    }

but then of course you can't drag a window somewhere anymore, so it's a bad hack.
    Maybe you have an idea, Plippo?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor_K View Post
    Then I followed N0rbert's instructions and two-finger gestures started to work poreprly. Two problems: touchrotate stopped to work(only rotates the screen but not input) and three/four finger gestures are still not recognized by geistest/ginn.(Is the latter possible with this device?)

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Same problem for me, touchscreen and touchpad aren't rotated when using touchrotate scripts. The performance of twofing gestures arr much smoother though, so I'd prefer to use twofing, if the problem can be resolved.

And no, the device only captures 2 touches at one time (hence the twofing daemon).
    Last edited by deraltefritz; August 2nd, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Beans

Here's a solution for the rotation problem:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/InputCoordinateTransformation

Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast